Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Report a bug...?

Solved!

Report a bug...?

My Question or Issue

I am having an issue with Sptofiy not loading up and appears to be freezing for an extended period of time. This occurred on my old MacBook Pro (mid 2010) I was running an old outdated OS (Catalina I think). Now with my new laptop running on Big Sur 11.4 I am having the same issue with Spotify. The app opens and music will play but the app is frozen in that I does not respond to any commands or actions including pausing and searching for music. The play button will appear as if the song is paused, but it is not paused. This very frustrating and has been an ongoing issue for months. Any suggestions? Seems to be a bug on Sptofiy's end, but I am not a developer so I am not completely certain. 

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device Macbook Pro 2020

Operating System Mac OS 11.14 Big Sur

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @DOMRICARD,

Thanks for the reply and the info.

Could you try switching switching Volume Normalization and Hardware acceleration Off and restarting the app. Let us know if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @DOMRICARD,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if it occurs while doing something special in the app? For an example, searching, hitting play etc..

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I did a reinstall on my new laptop. it occurs when I open the app. it lags very often even after the app has been open for a considerable amount of time and I am not exactly sure when the problem subsides. I basically cannot even use the app on my laptop because it just freezes. Again the music plays, but I cannot select or search anything. The music that is playing is music I had open from the last session.

Marked as solution

Hey @DOMRICARD,

Thanks for the reply and the info.

Could you try switching switching Volume Normalization and Hardware acceleration Off and restarting the app. Let us know if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

that appears to have worked. thank you!

Suggested posts