Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro 2018

Operating System

macOS 11

My Question or Issue

With the new Spotify experience, there are some really rough edges (but overall it's a great change!). One of these is scrolling - I often scroll through my list of artists or albums, click into a few, add some songs to the queue, then go back to the list, scroll further, and repeat. With the update, it doesn't save my scroll position, so scrolling to page 15 of albums, clicking into one, then going back to the list of albums resets me to page 1. Makes my usual way I use it difficult and feels very broken.

EDIT: this originally was about JUST My Library but testing this out on Artist pages and Album pages, it's broken everywhere! There are no scroll positions saved anywhere across the app. Pretty bad, nonnative experience. Surprised at the volume and severity of bugs in this new experience. Feels pretty untested and sloppy.

Edit 2: I now see that I'm a power user and not everyone sees this experience yet? In that case, my feedback is buggy but directionally positive! Overall a nice change but big bugs like this to fix.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Supreme_God,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is currently the expected behavior of the app, but we understand how this would be useful. We recommend adding your +Vote to this idea about it to show your support. You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Have a good one!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there @dgattey,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you provide us a screen recording and also which version of the app you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

hi Jeremy not much of a solution as the issue is actually the platform itself. I cannot stress how such a simple feature should take precident, as other than security i truly cannot imagine spotify having a masive backlog of features to roll out.
Marked as solution

Hi @Supreme_God,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is currently the expected behavior of the app, but we understand how this would be useful. We recommend adding your +Vote to this idea about it to show your support. You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Have a good one!

CarlosEModerator

thank you @carlosE that is a great answer. i hope others who see this thread will do the same.

This doesn't seem to be fixed yet. Scrolling down albums on an artist page and going back to the album list always resets the scroll position

Hey @pietrofxq1,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We advise you to refer to the post from @CarlosE above and vote for the idea submission. Currently the described experience is the expected behavior.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts