Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sort deleted tracks within playlist

Solved!

Sort deleted tracks within playlist

Does anyone know a way of sorting/ordering deleted tracks within a playlist? I can view them fine, but I have a playlist of 10,000 songs with 1 deleted song somewhere inside it! I'm just trying to find a way of viewing it quickly before I spend time slowly scrolling through it. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi.

I don't think there's any way to sort or filter unavailable songs in a playlist.

I also found an inactive idea about this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Playlists-Sort-or-filter-by-unavailable-tracks/idi-p/1...

And a new one aswell: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Sort-by-Availability/idi-p/4426379

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey @Thomrags, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

There's not actual filter to bring the songs back but you could try CMD+Z to return the song or if it was a song you listened to recently it can be found in the Recently Played section in the left sidebar 🙂

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 20.16.42.png

Hope it helps! 🙂

Hi!

ah sorry, I should have mentioned - I meant how to easily view tracks that have been deleted from Spotify completely! 

I have one track in a playlist of 10,000 that has been removed, but I was hoping to filter the playlist to find it easily without scrolling through each track slowly!

Hey @Thomrags,

Unfortunately there is no way to recover deleted individual tracks but as I mentioned just look at the Recently Played section in the left panel or inside the Queue click on History which will then show you the last 50 tracks you have played.

Alternatively you could get advantage of Spotify's integration with Last.fm 🙂

Hope it helps! 🙂

Ah, I don’t think I’m explaining myself properly!

i mean tracks that Spotify has deleted/removed completely. 

I have a playlist that has 1 track removed by Spotify and I’m having trouble finding it (without trawling though the entire list).

its not a track I have played/in my recent played list, I have no idea what the song is.

i wanted to find out if there was a way of finding out quickly which track Spotify had deleted. I can view deleted tracks, but finding 1 in 10,000 is taking a while!

Hey @Thomrags,

Sorry for the inconvenience 🙂

Still there is no way to find that track without having any idea about it. Because as I explained there is no such filter for that.

You should also know that the tracks aren't removed by Spotify but by the artists themselves 🙂

Spotify would love to have all the world’s music available to everyone. 
I'd recommend reading this article for more info, too.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Hey @Thomrags!

Thanks for coming to the Community.

On a desktop device, if you head to Spotify > Preferences, does checking out this setting help to hide those unavailable songs?

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 11.28.24.png

Thanks 🙂

/M

Hi, thanks for the reply! Yes, it does hide the song, but I'm more looking to find it quickly (just so I can see which song has been removed so I can purchase it/look for it elsewhere).

Marked as solution

Hi.

I don't think there's any way to sort or filter unavailable songs in a playlist.

I also found an inactive idea about this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Playlists-Sort-or-filter-by-unavailable-tracks/idi-p/1...

And a new one aswell: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Music-Sort-by-Availability/idi-p/4426379

That's exactly what I wanted, but yes I can see that the solution is a hard one to resolve at the moment! Hopefully they will implement a change to that, but I can see why they won't as it won't benefit them as a service!

Yeah, it would be nice if there were two checkboxes named Unavailable and Duplicates next to the filter search field.

Suggested posts