Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App not loading

Solved!

Spotify App not loading

Hi everyone, when I try to log on to the Spotify App on my Macbook Pro (2015), I am given a blank screnn with nothing on it. Literally nothing. I attached a picture of the problem.Blank screenBlank screen

I get this screen every time I try to log on.

Things I've tried to fix it:

1. Delete, clean Mac of Spotify files, and reinstall

2. Reset password

If it helps any, I am in the UK right now studying abroad for the summer from the United States and am using campus wifi. Wifi shouldn't be a problem though, because my friend's app is able to load and function properly.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dillon_pardini,

Try to restart your device.

Create another user account and install Spotify there to see if that makes a difference.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @dillon_pardini, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Click on the Spotify menu in your Menu Bar next to the Apple Menu. Once it expands just click on Hardware Acceleration to disable it and restart Spotify. You should be good to go 🙂

Have a nice day 🙂

Hi LorenXK!

Alright, so I just did that now but I'm still seeming to have the same problem. Thoughts?

Marked as solution

Hey @dillon_pardini,

Try to restart your device.

Create another user account and install Spotify there to see if that makes a difference.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thank you! Tried logging in on my mobile, and it mentioned that I'll need to update that I'm in the UK instead of the US. Thanks for the help 🙂

Really happy that you resolved it! 🎉

I am…https://open.spotify.com/track/40wFAseXr2d6XhCm0Il5R7

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @dillon_pardini, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Click on the Spotify menu in your Menu Bar next to the Apple Menu. Once it expands just click on Hardware Acceleration to disable it and restart Spotify. You should be good to go 🙂

Have a nice day 🙂

Solved all problems with the app for me, namely slow loading, waiting even a few hours before a song starts playing, no pictures and so on.

Had the same issue. The problem was because I was using a VPN which is probably blocked by Spotify...

Disabling my VPN solved the issue, but please Spotify:

1- don't block VPN addresses

2- at least provide an error message explaining why this happens

Suggested posts