Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify completely not working

Solved!

Spotify completely not working

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Air Early 2015

Operating System

MacOS Mojave

My Question or Issue

Spotify just doesn't work at all. After opening the app, none of my friends appear. I click on my playlist and none of my songs are present. I try to play a song from another playlist and it comes up with a disc instead of the album and fails to actually play the song. Its been this way for months and is incredibly frustrating.

After following instructions on how to delete and reinstall the app, it appears that my 'com.spotify.Client' folder is missing from the cache, not sure if it has anything to do with the problem but it's probably noteworthy. Even so, after many attempts to reinstall the app, the folder is still missing and the app still doesn't function at all.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sallsdagrate, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Try that in Safe Mode to see if that makes a difference, try a quick clean reinstall of the app while in there. Just follow these steps.

Could you also follow the steps from this Spotify Answer?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Keep me posted 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @sallsdagrate, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Try that in Safe Mode to see if that makes a difference, try a quick clean reinstall of the app while in there. Just follow these steps.

Could you also follow the steps from this Spotify Answer?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Keep me posted 🙂

oh my god the friend feed thing worked.
Thank you so much

Suggested posts