Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify on Mac

Spotify on Mac

Why can I play my Spotify on my Android phone, my car, My Echo Dot, My Google Pebble but not my Imac?

1 Reply

Hi there @McRozza,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Could you give us a bit more info on what's happening on your end? Do you see a specific error message when trying to play something? Check if the correct audio output device is selected for Spotify and make sure the sample rate is set to anywhere between 44.1 kHz and 192 kHz. 

If you haven't already, it's worth resetting your preferences by deleted the prefs file located in Spotify's installation folder:

1. Open Finder on your Mac and click Go > Library (if you don't have hidden folders enabled, press the option key first and it should appear).
  2. Go to Application Support > Spotify.
  3. There you'll find a file called prefs, which holds info about the currently logged in account. Simply delete it.
  4. While in the Spotify folder, you'll also find a Users folder. Open it and delete its contents as well.
  5. Restart the Spotify app.

Note that if you had music downloaded for offline listening, you'll have to re-download it, but Your Library will not be affected, so no worries there.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts