Video ads way too loud

Solved!
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Video ads way too loud

chadso

Simple Fix

I agree, the volume on the ads are anoyying. What I have done to work around the issue is put the volume on Spotify all the way up, and then control the volume via the computer speaker volume. This way the ads are the same as your music and you can still adjust the volume of your songs, just through the computer instead of the volume bar on spotify. 

Carolus
Casual Listener

Well this is not solved.

It's like you're going to a shop and complaining, that you can't turn down the volume of your new boxes anymore and they tell you to adjust the level of volume by taking distance to your stereo-system.

Spotify is a paid service, either by advertisement or subscription, so thank you for the temporary solution, but please don't tag this bug report as fixed.

Humblecard
Regular

Exactly. There is only one true solution: force the advertisers (including Spotify, whose own advertisements are of the same, too-loud offensive nature) to record their ads at a reasonable volume, the same way all TV advertisers are now required to do due to the exact issue discussed here. Short of this solution, all other fixes are just users finding a way to put up with Spotify rather than fully enjoying their Spotify experience.

I still refuse to use Spotify anymore, instead using Amazon Prime and Pandora, because the fact that this is not yet fixed is an indication that Spotify still doesn't care about its customers. Each day I hope that one of these email notifications come to me saying something like, "We at Spotify have heard you, Spotify Community, and have made the changes to our ads to make the listening experience more pleasurable, and less medically destructive, for you." Until that day I remain a once-great fan of Spotify who really wants to come back on boycott.

Tsemo123
The amount of time you spent wasted on manually typing this out is shameful.

alejandroof

Bump

xuzan
Regular

I had to close Spotify because the video commercials ARE MUCH TOO LOUD!!!!!            

THIS IS NOT A NEW PROBLEM, SO WHY HASN'T SPOTIFY SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xuzan
Regular

AGREED   -- I'M JUST GOING BACK TO PANDORA AND MY OWN PERSONAL CD COLLECTION FOR A WHILE BECAUSE SPOTIFY IS OBVIOUSLY IGNORING ALL OF US!!!!!!!!

haydenoakes9
They are still having this problem... And it happens all the darn time. It is unbearable. If they don't fix this in the next update I'm done with this garbage.

xuzan
Regular
If spotify cares so much, why aren't they already fixing this volume issue? I don't use Twitter, and this is the. Forum Spotiify created for trroubleshooting.

I just want the volume issue fixed.

xuzan
Regular
Whoops... Guess this isn't a solution, unless the answer is boycotting until spotify fixed the problem.
SUGGESTED POSTS