Video ads way too loud

Solved!

Re: Video ads way too loud

Bone75
Regular

Having the same issue here, which is particularly annoying since we're in an office. I noticed Filtr ads seem to be the worst. Anyway....rpyal pain in the ass.

AdrianPaulMiles
Roadie

WOW! I just got blasted twice in half an hour with a video ad that was AT LEAST TEN TIMES AS LOUD AS MY MUSIC, even though I had my music only on about 2/3rds volume!!!! It literally hurt my ears! STOP IT SPOTIFY

. If I had not had my headphones on, I would've woken up both sets of my neighbours at 2am in the morning!!!! YOU NEED TO SERIOUSLY AND SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE THE VOLUME OF THESE ADVERTS A.S.A.P!!!!

On top of this, despite my own playlists of up to 1,200 songs, you keep showing me ads for music I have no interest in whatsoever!

itachi_916
Casual Listener

This needs to be fixed. I have an instrumental jazz playlist I sleep to at night and at random point, the video ad volume suddenly wakes me up. My heart was pounding really hard from the sudden loud ad. Whenever this wakes me up from sleeping, I'll have hard time going back to sleep and having to to stay up all night. Have someone fixed this problem because my Jazz Sleep playlist is kinds of pointless to sleep to when the video ad burst out loud noises. If this continues, I'll have no choice but to disconintue using Spotify. 

LucasD
Casual Listener

I'm also having this issue. I'm used to listening music while i sleep, and this loud Calvin Harris ad just deafen me. I can't use spotify till they fix this.

Humblecard
Regular

Dear Spotify,

I've already sent a similar message through the user help, as I am certain many others have. And here in the forums the same message rings clear: it may have become common practice on television to increase ad volume (though it is partially abated in recent years), it is completely unacceptable for music services. The video ads are already annoying enough because they take up so much bandwidth—interrupting play on slower lines—but allowing your customers to double or triple the volume, and to double it on your own ads, ruins the music experience, wakes people up at night, and makes it impossible for us to listen to Spotify at work.

Spotify, I am an Amazon Prime member, and have access to ad-free music there. I use Spotify because I like your playlists, I love the Spotify Sessions, and have generally been happy with the service, ads and all, for over two years. I'm happy to support the music and the musicians through Spotify, but I am unwilling to pay for a service I already get for free elsewhere, especially since your deep-pocketed corporate clients can spare the dimes on ads more than I can on music. So, despite my two years of hanging out here instead of Pandora or Amazon Prime, I will soon be leaving Spotify for good unless there is some indication that things are going to change.

Heck, keep the video ads if you must despite how it affects my other internet browsing experiences, just bring things back to where we can listen to music at a reasonable volume without worrying about getting the evil eye from coworkers or having to put our kids back to sleep. What do you say? Can we work something out or is the excess ad volume worth losing your listeners over?

Sincerely,

A former Spotify fan

Toweri
Regular

Same issue.

I listen to Spotify while on laptop via headphones. The phones are so sensitive, that I have to turn the volume down on my laptop - as well as Spotify application - almost to the very minimum to get the music to a confortable level.

After an update several weeks ago, the video ads started to be played at EXTREMELY loud volume. It must be several tens of Decibels louder than music and  regular audio ads. The suond level on my phones is WAY beyond to what is healthy for hearing - it is very close to the pain level (110 dB)

I must mute my laptop every time a video ad starts. It is not possible to lower the volume gradually fast enough.

I consider this a genuine bug on Spotify (especially as it appeared after an update to the application.) Please look into this issue before someone really suffers damage to their hearing.

qwertz890
Casual Listener

Thanks Spotify team.

You just crashed a valuable pair of headphones.

I definitly recommend to stop using this service until this gets fixed.

BECAUSE IT IS SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

If some marketing whatever guy thinks this is a feature he might be mentally retarded.

Bone75
Regular

All - if you're having this issue, I suggest tweeting about it to @SpotifyCares. They are pretty responsive and are supposedly looking into it, but the more they hear about it, the more serious they are likely to take it....

blitzcrankie
Casual Listener

The 'This is house' ad - or rather the 'THIS IS HOUSE' ad is specifically EXTREMELY loud. Not all your ads are being kept at a regular volume. Some play at normal levels, but a few specific ones are WAY. TOO. LOUD.
Look, I don't mind listening to ads at all - but please, fix your ad volume levels and show some quality control.

erisena

fix this **bleep** already, darn. 

SUGGESTED POSTS