Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Albums are added to my favorite songs while I am offline

PlanPremium for studentsCountryItalyDeviceMacBook Pro, iPhone 6Operating SystemMac OS High Sierra, Ios My Question or Issue That's exactly what's written in the object: since a few days, to my favorites song are added some albums (only french rap mus...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium for students Country Italy Device MacBook Pro, iPhone 6 Operating System Mac OS High Sierra, Ios   My Question or Issue  That's exactly what's written in the object: ...
  • TobiasYoung
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Continually says I am offline

whenever a trader use my Spotify Premium on my apple laptop is states that I am offline even though Wi-Fi is connectedPlanPremiumCountry UsaDevice(Macbook Pro late 2010) My Question or Issue

• whenever a trader use my Spotify Premium on my apple laptop is states that I am offline even though Wi-Fi is connected Plan Premium Country  Usa Device (Macbook Pro late 2010)   My ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down Missing

Plan: FreeCountry: United StatesDevice: MacBook Air (Late 2017)Operating System: iOS 10.13.5 My Question or Issue:The thumbs up and thumbs down buttons seem to have disappeared from my various playlist radio stations as well as artist radio stations ...

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 6.29.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 6.37.49 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan: Free Country: United States Device: MacBook Air (Late 2017) Operating System: iOS 10.13.5   My Question or Issue: The thumbs up and thumbs down buttons seem to have disappeared ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 12 likes

Album artwork has disappeared from the bottom left hand of the screen

Premuim IOS 10 My Question or Issue is that the album cover artwork has dissapeared from the bottom left hand of the screen that shows the current song that is being played. Can anyone help me get this back? Many thanks

• Casual Listener
  •   Premuim IOS 10      My Question or Issue is that the album cover artwork has dissapeared from the bottom left hand of the screen that shows the current song that is being pl...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album artwork has disappeared from the bottom left hand of the screen

Premuim IOS 10 My Question or Issue is that the album cover artwork has dissapeared from the bottom left hand of the screen that shows the current song that is being played. Can anyone help me get this back? Many thanks

• Casual Listener
  •   Premuim IOS 10      My Question or Issue is that the album cover artwork has dissapeared from the bottom left hand of the screen that shows the current song that is being pl...
  • thedomblues
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

artist follow button

where has the artist follow button dissapeared to ? follow button ?PlanFree/PremiumCountry Devicemac book pro os high sierra Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 17.03.23.png
  • where has the artist follow button dissapeared to ?  follow button ? Plan Free/Premium Country   Device mac book pro os high sierra  Operating System (iOS 10, Android&nbsp...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Create New Playlist Now Leads With Album Name, Not Artist Name

I've noticed that in the past two weeks or so, when saving an album or track as a new playlist (using Spotify desktop for Mac), the new playlist is created in the following format: Album/Track Name - Artist. For the past... oh, I don't know, many yea...

• Music Fan
  • I've noticed that in the past two weeks or so, when saving an album or track as a new playlist (using Spotify desktop for Mac), the new playlist is created in the following format: Album/Track Name -...
  • _j0n
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Playlist Creation
    UX
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

copy link not working - trying to share song

Plan Paid plan DeviceMacbook Pro 2017Operating System(iOS 10.13.5) My Question or Issue I looked up the directions for this.but this does not workClick Copy Song Link to paste the link wherever you like. Click on something you'd like to share, or rig...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan   Paid plan   Device Macbook Pro 2017 Operating System (iOS 10.13.5)   My Question or Issue  I looked up the directions for this. but this does not work Cli...
  • stormtrooper
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify never keep it's own desktop (multi desktop)

Hello ! Something really boring with spotify, when you use multiple desktop, you can right click onto the spotify icon onto the dock, and program it to always use a particular desktop number… but the reality is that spotify never keep it's own deskto...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello !   Something really boring with spotify, when you use multiple desktop, you can right click onto the spotify icon onto the dock, and program it to always use a particular desktop number...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't unfavorite/uncheck grayed out songs

I am on macOS High Sierra and I cannot remove these songs in my favorites section. These songs use to be local files but I deleted them and are no longer on my drive. Now I can't remove the title in the Spotify desktop client and it is really frustra...

• I am on macOS High Sierra and I cannot remove these songs in my favorites section. These songs use to be local files but I deleted them and are no longer on my drive. Now I can't remove the titl...
  • glenndunks
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playcounts no longer shown?

Whenever I hover over the popularity bars next to songs they no longer show playcounts. I can only see the top 10 on artists page and that is it now. Is this a new update, or an issue with my Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I hover over the popularity bars next to songs they no longer show playcounts. I can only see the top 10 on artists page and that is it now.    Is this a new update, or an issue ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playcount
    popularity bar
    Stream count
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New update, deleted last few weeks of saved songs

PlanPremiumCountry : Canada DeviceMacbook Pro 2018 Operating SystemiOS 10.13 My Question or Issue I recently updated my Spotify application on my mac book but when it updated it deleted the songs I had favourited over the last two weeks. I haven't up...

•   Plan Premium Country : Canada    Device Macbook Pro 2018  Operating System iOS 10.13   My Question or Issue  I recently updated my Spotify application&...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iTunes tracks not in spotify

PlanPremiumCountry Ukdevicesios, mac , windows 10Operating SystemiOS Mac win10 My Question or Issue Is there a quick way of making a playlist on iTunes or Spotify of the tracks that I have in iTunes that are NOT in Spotify. That way way I can potenti...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  Uk devices ios, mac , windows 10 Operating System iOS Mac win10   My Question or Issue  Is there a quick way of making a playlist on iTunes or Spotify o...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs has disappeared from Your Library

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMacBookPro14,2Operating System10.12.6 My Question or Issue This morning the Songs section has disappeared from the You Library sidebar on my Mac native application. They are still there on my mobile app. How do I restore i...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device MacBookPro14,2 Operating System 10.12.6   My Question or Issue  This morning the Songs section has disappeared from the You Library sidebar...
  • Rojodi
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Saved Song to Favorite Songs

Plan - PremiumUnitend KingdomMacOS I love how random users get selected for new features to test, however it would be nice to be informed of this beforehand. I don't agree with how saved songs has become favorite (favourite in the UK). I would rather...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - Premium Unitend Kingdom MacOS   I love how random users get selected for new features to test, however it would be nice to be informed of this beforehand.   I don't agree ...
  • stopbuggingme10
  • 7 replies
  • 21 likes
  • Favorite Songs
    Feature
    Feedback
    issue
    Request
    saved songs
  • 7 replies
  • 21 likes

Solved!! Spotify pre save? How to undo?

I signed up for presave on the Calvin Harris track 'One Kiss' before it came out. Now, i get every single remix of this song added to my playlist automatically too. Also a dj called R3hab's tracks automatically appear in the same playlist, which is a...

• Casual Listener
  •   I signed up for presave on the Calvin Harris track 'One Kiss' before it came out. Now, i get every single remix of this song added to my playlist automatically too. Also a dj called R3hab's t...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

'Saved' tab missing from sidebar.

I cant access my saved songs, I could yesterday but I woke up this morning nd couldnt. I've tried restarting my laptop and restarting Spotify but not working. Any help?

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 2.58.05 pm.png
  • I cant access my saved songs, I could yesterday but I woke up this morning nd couldnt. I've tried restarting my laptop and restarting Spotify but not working. Any help?
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • access
    saved
    sidebar
    Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The disk image disappeared

hello, the disk image disappeared from the player. How do I get back?

Captura de Tela 2018-07-04 às 20.37.16.png
  • Casual Listener
  • hello, the disk image disappeared from the player. How do I get back?
  • bigglesworth266
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • disk cover
    player
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spoify Crashes when I select a song or playlist

PlanPremium USADeviceMacbookOperating SystemHigh Sierra My Question or IssueWhen I open Spotify on my mac - it is fine until I select a playlist or song, then it crashes immediately. If I just go straight and select "play" to start from my last sessi...

• Plan Premium USA Device Macbook Operating System High Sierra   My Question or Issue When I open Spotify on my mac - it is fine until I select a playlist or song, then it crashes immediat...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes