Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Spotify and spotify web wont play music.

PlanPremiumCountry BucharestDeviceOnePlus 6TOperating SystemWindows 10/ android My Question or IssueSo a couple of days ago my spotify app on windows just stopped playing music. I tried to find a solution (reinstalling spotify, deleting some files, i...

• Plan Premium Country  Bucharest Device OnePlus 6T Operating System Windows 10/ android   My Question or Issue So a couple of days ago my spotify app on windows just stopped playin...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed not updating correctly

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUKSpotify version:1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 DeviceiMacOperating SystemMacOS 10.13.6 My 'Top recommendations for yuo' have not refreshed for around 3 weeks now. I have been using Spotify for about 6 years and have at least 100 playl...

• Plan Premium Family Country UK Spotify version: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25   Device iMac Operating System MacOS 10.13.6   My 'Top recommendations for yuo' have not refreshed for arou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! After subscribing to premium, Spotify on my Mac(desktop) became unusable

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceMacbook pro 15 inch (late 2016) and Iphone SEOperating SystemMac Os Mojave 10.14.3 My Question or Issue Hi, I got a problem on Spotify desktop on my mac and it doesn't apply on my iphone. I just upgraded to premium for t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Macbook pro 15 inch (late 2016) and Iphone SE Operating System Mac Os Mojave 10.14.3   My Question or Issue  Hi, I got a problem on Spotify desk...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Muy Lento en iMac

Hola, La aplicación para iMac es muy lenta, la utilizo tanto en mi iMac personal en casa, como en el trabajo. En ambos ordenadores va muy lenta la carga de contenido.Soy usuario premium, es decir, estoy pagando por un servicio deficiente.Gracias.

• Casual Listener
  • Hola,  La aplicación para iMac es muy lenta, la utilizo tanto en mi iMac personal en casa, como en el trabajo. En ambos ordenadores va muy lenta la carga de contenido. Soy usuario premium, es ...
  • NICOLASANGEL
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 28 likes
  • apple
    escritorio
    iMac
    lento
  • 3 replies
  • 28 likes

Solved!! Songs only playing on Chrome (not on macbook) and playlist only showing on Chrome (not macbook)

HelloStarting from the album 'Guero' by Beck second song .. None of the songs are playable on 'My computer' when I select that as output device;On 'Web Player' it does play. So on Web player I can play the songs and I can add them to a playlist, but ...

• Regular
  • Hello Starting from the album 'Guero' by Beck second song .. None of the songs are playable on 'My computer' when I select that as output device; On 'Web Player' it does play.  S...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't use Spotify Desktop app for Mac

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiMac (Late 2013)Operating SystemMacOS Mojave My Question or IssueI have the spotify app downloaded to my computer and it takes about 2 to 3 minutes for the app to boot up and once it is booted nothing appears on the screen...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iMac (Late 2013) Operating System MacOS Mojave   My Question or Issue I have the spotify app downloaded to my computer and it takes about 2 to 3 m...
  • Mantisentil
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs of the Artist Beck Not Playing

PlanPremiumCountryHungary DeviceMacbook proOperating System(iOS 10 My Question or IssueHellothere is something weird going on with the album of the Artist Beck.From the Album Guero (second song Que Ondra Guero)None of his other older albums or remixe...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Hungary   Device Macbook pro Operating System (iOS 10   My Question or Issue Hello there is something weird going on with the album of the...
  • filipvanhoute
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No block buttons on

PlanPremiumCountry USA Device Imac, Andrid, ItouchOperating System Imac: Mojave, 10.14.3; Spotify version: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device  Imac, Andrid, Itouch Operating System Imac: Mojave, 10.14.3; Spotify version: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Please Help! Trouble with photos and loading top 50 playlists.

Plan PremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMacbook Pro My Question or IssueFor some reason i cannot see any pictures on the songs i listen to. I am also not able to enter any of the top 50 songs playlists. Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Macbook Pro     My Question or Issue For some reason i cannot see any pictures on the songs i listen to. I am also not able to enter any of the ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution stop stopping mid-album

PlanFamily PremiumCountry USA Device(iPhone 8, iMac)Operating System(iOS most current) My Question or IssueIs there a good way to keep spotify playing? I have been verry frustrated lately that Spotify has been playing 1-3 songs in an album and then i...

•   Plan Family Premium Country  USA   Device (iPhone 8, iMac) Operating System (iOS most current)   My Question or Issue Is there a good way to keep spotify p...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I'm following, The Beatles but only 32 songs appear. I have this with a few artists

I'm following, The Beatles but only 32 songs appear. I have this problem with a few artists, where I don't see all the song from the artist. I've attempted all sorts of workarounds, like stop following, then click follow from artist's page, but still...

• Casual Listener
  •   I'm following, The Beatles but only 32 songs appear. I have this problem with a few artists, where I don't see all the song from the artist.  I've attempted all sorts of workarounds, lik...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Icon in the Touch Bar disappears

DeviceMacbook Pro 2019Operating Systemmacos12 My Question or Issue Hello, I use Spotify on my 2019 Mac Pro and when I shut down the Mac to sleep, while Spotify remains open and open my Mac again the Spotify icon disappears in the Touch Bar, so I alwa...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Macbook Pro 2019 Operating System macos12   My Question or Issue  Hello, I use Spotify on my 2019 Mac Pro and when I shut down the Mac to sleep, while Spotify remains open and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution There are no songs to play in the queue

I just added songs to Spotify's queue. There were some older additions from the beginning of the week also. I restarted Spotify and now it says "There are no songs to play in the queue". Where did the songs go?! I was about to listen to them. Plan: P...

• Gig Goer
  • I just added songs to Spotify's queue. There were some older additions from the beginning of the week also. I restarted Spotify and now it says "There are no songs to play in the queue". Where did th...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution dowloading spotify onto a new mac

Help. We just got a new mac and wanted to download spotify and all we get is a zip file. We cant open that can anyone help us please

• Casual Listener
  •   Help. We just got a new mac and wanted to download spotify and all we get is a zip file. We cant open that can anyone help us please  
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Webplayer broken

Country NLDevice(webbrowser, Chrome)Operating System(Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I'm getting a blanc screen when I hit play.no problem browsing. Play just doesn't work

chrome_2019-02-12_19-32-21.png
  • Regular
  •   Country  NL Device (webbrowser, Chrome) Operating System (Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I'm getting a blanc screen when I hit play. no problem browsing....
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to play Spotify HomePod paired speakers on Mac

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iMac late 2017)Operating System(iOS 10.14.3) My Question or Issue I cannot play Spotify on my paired Apple Homepods. It only allows me to play on one speaker at a time. However, I am able to play both Homepods from my iPh...

•   Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iMac late 2017) Operating System (iOS 10.14.3)   My Question or Issue   I cannot play Spotify on my paired Apple Homepods.  ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot view all discover weekly songs

Account type: PremiumDevice: MacBook Pro, 10.12.6 OSXSpotify app: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25 Issue:I can't see my whole discover weekly playlist on the Mac desktop app. Sometimes it's 2 songs, this week it's 6. On the web player and on my iPhone app I can s...

• Casual Listener
  • Account type: Premium Device: MacBook Pro, 10.12.6 OSX Spotify app: 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25   Issue: I can't see my whole discover weekly playlist on the Mac desktop app. Sometimes it's 2 ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files list is empty after update on 13th Feb 2019 - no iTunes songs showing anymore

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceMacbook Pro late 2012Operating SystemMojave 10.14.3 - all updates appliedLatest Spotify 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25,Latest iTunes 12.9.2.5 My Question or Issuedid some recent software / OS updates Local files in Spotify is showing ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device Macbook Pro late 2012 Operating System Mojave 10.14.3 - all updates applied Latest Spotify 1.1.0.237.g378f6f25, Latest iTunes 12.9.2.5     ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot start Spotify app

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacBook Pro 13 Late 2013Operating System10.14.3 My Question or IssueAfter updating to 10.14.3, I was unable to start the Spotify app anymore. Nothing happens onscreen when starting the app. I've tried a clean uninstall(using ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device MacBook Pro 13 Late 2013 Operating System 10.14.3   My Question or Issue After updating to 10.14.3, I was unable to start the Spotify app anymore. No...
  • ohmac
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly Removes Queue Songs

When I listen to the "Your Discover Weekly" and I press "I don't like this song", Spotify does not move the next song in the "Your Discover Weekly" section. Instead, Spotify starts to play my Queue. When I realise Spotify has jumped to the incorrect ...

• Gig Goer
  • When I listen to the "Your Discover Weekly" and I press "I don't like this song", Spotify does not move the next song in the "Your Discover Weekly" section. Instead, Spotify starts to play my Queue. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discoverweekly
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes