Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Delete from recently played

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMacbook Air 13 inch, Early 2015Operating SystemMacOS Mojave Version 10.14.2 I, like many others on this forum, have noticed that there are a number of artists on my public recently played list that I have not listened to. Th...

Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 00.25.34.png Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 00.25.24.png
  • Casual Listener
  • ...f artists on my public recently played list that I have not listened to. The Artists highlighted are the ones I didn't listen to. This may have something to do with the data breach reported by the B...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

just updated desktop app, but now my History is weeks old!

i just update spotify on my imac, but now my history entries are showing up songs from weeks ago!any idea what happened, and how i can get my recent history back? thanks!

• Roadie
  • i just update spotify on my imac, but now my history entries are showing up songs from weeks ago! any idea what happened, and how i can get my recent history back?   thanks!    
  • dmoney23
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing immediately when opened.

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceImac pro Operating SystemiOS 10.13.6 My Question or Issue My Spotfiy desktop app has suddenly taken to crashing instantly when I open it. I have done a clean uninstall+install and have also tried clearing the cache and appl...

• Regular
  •     Plan Premium Country UK   Device Imac pro  Operating System iOS 10.13.6   My Question or Issue   My Spotfiy desktop app has suddenly taken to crashing ...
  • akivaatwood
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution When I open up spotify on my mac it shows up on my bar then disappears

Everytime I open up spotify on my mac, the spotify icon shows up on my bar then disappears. I've deleted and redownloaded spotify couple times and nothing seems to work. plz help

• Casual Listener
  •   Everytime I open up spotify on my mac, the spotify icon shows up on my bar then disappears.    I've deleted and redownloaded spotify couple times and nothing seems to work.  ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Account does not show Hearts like new Accounts.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA. DeviceMacBook Pro late 2016 My Spotify account (only desktop) still shows the + symbol to add music to the library instead of hearts and Follow button on playlists instead of Hearts. Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 8.34.59 PM.png
  • Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country USA.   Device MacBook Pro late 2016   My Spotify account (only desktop) still shows the + symbol to add music to the library instead of hearts and Follow button...
  • islandbeats
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to right click on Spotify Mac desktop app

The past week I've been unable to righ click songs or playlists in my spotify desktop application about 90% of the time. Clicking the three dots to the right of a song normally to show more options doesn't work either This means I'm unable to in any ...

• Regular
  •   The past week I've been unable to righ click songs or playlists in my spotify desktop application about 90% of the time. Clicking the three dots to the right of a song normally to s...
  • Ortenzio
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify shutting down after security update

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceMacBook Pro pre 2010Operating SystemOS 10 High SIerra Following a Mac security update today, the Spotify app closes down. Sometimes right away on trying to open, sometimes a little after and sometimes during play of the first...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device MacBook Pro pre 2010 Operating System OS 10 High SIerra   Following a Mac security update today, the Spotify app closes down.  Sometimes right aw...
  • akivaatwood
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is changing playlists on both Mac and iPhone to Rap Playlists/Artists

No matter where I listen to Spotify (iOS or OSX), when I listen to a playlist (or when I choose single tracks) Spotify keeps changing playlists to Rap Playlists or Artists. Yesterday it was the Artis "Ygor Sunny" (https://open.spotify.com/artist/4C5S...

• Casual Listener
  • No matter where I listen to Spotify (iOS or OSX), when I listen to a playlist (or when I choose single tracks) Spotify keeps changing playlists to Rap Playlists or Artists. Yesterday it was the Artis...
  • Mmoffitt
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Annoying Problems
    changing
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

"next" function not working properly on a specific playlist

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 7, MacBook Pro Mid 2014, custom built PCOperating SystemiOS 12.1 / Mac OS 10.14.1 / Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hi guys,i have an issue with a specific playlist:https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 7, MacBook Pro Mid 2014, custom built PC Operating System iOS 12.1 / Mac OS 10.14.1 / Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hi guys, i h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Over-riding Spotify Files - Not Playing Music - HELP

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicesSamsung Galaxy 9 & Macbook Air 2016) My Question or Issue Hi Guys, This is an ongoing issue that increasingly frustrates me as I can't figure out what to do. On my laptop, I had a number of local music files saved. Prior to...

• Plan Premium Country UK Devices Samsung Galaxy 9 & Macbook Air 2016)     My Question or Issue     Hi Guys,   This is an ongoing issue that increasi...
  • steadymindful
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I've radio-ed some songs and I cant find the like+dislike buttons, some songs I dont want on radio.

I've radio-ed some songs and I cant find the like+dislike buttons, some songs I dont want on my radio playlist. where they disappear?... I hope they are not gone forever since thats one of the main reasons I'm using spotify, actually it's the reason ...

• Music Fan
  • I've radio-ed some songs and I cant find the like+dislike buttons, some songs I dont want on my radio playlist. where they disappear?... I hope they are not gone forever since thats one of the main r...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Sudden appearance of '126' error and desktop app forcing re-login on launch when offline

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceMacbook Pro 15" Retina, mid-2015Operating SystemmacOS Sierra 10.12.6, all available updates applied My Question or Issue Latest version of Spotify introduced two MEGAbugs. 1) Every few startups of Spotify when I'm offline...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium   Country USA   Device Macbook Pro 15" Retina, mid-2015 Operating System macOS Sierra 10.12.6, all available updates applied   My Question or Issue &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 10 likes

Friends Feed (Mac OS-X Desktop) "Timing Out"

PlanPremium (Family)Country United States of AmericaDeviceMacBook Pro, Late 2016 (15", with TouchBar)Operating SystemMac OSX Mojave My Question or Issue Whenever I leave Spotify open for more than a few hours, my friends feed automatically stops refr...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium (Family) Country  United States of America Device MacBook Pro, Late 2016 (15", with TouchBar) Operating System Mac OSX Mojave   My Question or Issue  Whenever I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Mac
    Premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Video ads will not load, and will not time out to allow listening to spotify.

PlanFreeCountry USADevice(Macbook air 2014)Operating System(MacOS High Sierra) My Question or Issue Video ads (specifically for a Showtime movie) will not load, the ad sits at 0 seconds, and will not move on to allow listening to music. Multiple rest...

• Plan Free Country  USA Device (Macbook air 2014) Operating System (MacOS High Sierra)   My Question or Issue  Video ads (specifically for a Showtime movie) will not load, the...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Add new radio station" button disappeared

Dear community, As you can see on the attached screenshot, the button for "add a new radio station" disappeared in my spotify desktop version and I have no possibility anymore to add new radio stations. Since I'm a premium member that's very unsatisf...

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-23 um 14.03.56.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Dear community,   As you can see on the attached screenshot, the button for "add a new radio station" disappeared in my spotify desktop version and I have no possibility anymore to add new rad...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Create New Station doesn't exist

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceMac desktopOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue There's no "create a new station" button under radio on my desktop version. On my phone, there is no radio button at the bottom (update your help section, Spotify). Whe...

•   Plan Premium Country  US Device Mac desktop Operating System iOS 10  My Question or Issue  There's no "create a new station" button under radio on my desktop version. ...
  • eyeheartny
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify won't let me find my Facebook Friends

PlanPremiumCountryHonduras DeviceMacbook Pro Operating SystemiOS 10 I can't find my facebook friends on my desktop spotify, everytime I click "Find Friends" it just stays in the a buffering tab but nothing ever happens after that. When I try to do it...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Honduras   Device Macbook Pro  Operating System iOS 10   I can't find my facebook friends on my desktop spotify, everytime I click "Find Friends" it just...
  • petitegab
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Friend feed doesn't show even though I have it set to show

My Question or IssueI have had Spotify free on my MacBook for three or four years and only just discovered that I am supposed to be able to see what my friends are listening to. I have toyed with the settings over and over again, but it doesn't show ...

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.15.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.23.56 PM.png
  • Casual Listener
  •       My Question or Issue I have had Spotify free on my MacBook for three or four years and only just discovered that I am supposed to be able to see what my friends are listening...
  • Violinist14
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

No longer able to tick tracks I like.

I like to tick tracks I enjoy and have been doing so for years. However, for the last few days, Spotify will not allow me to tick any track. I have a Macbook, which I restarted a couple of times without the tick option returning.

• Regular
  •   I like to tick tracks I enjoy and have been doing so for years.   However, for the last few days, Spotify will not allow me to tick any track.   I have a Macbook, which I restar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Keeps Adding to Queue

I am using the most recent version of the app, in Mac OS 10.11. I haven't used the app recently, and as soon as I launched it yesterday it updated to the latest verison. Ever since then, it will NEVER FINISH THE QUEUE. As soon as I finish playing my ...

• I am using the most recent version of the app, in Mac OS 10.11.   I haven't used the app recently, and as soon as I launched it yesterday it updated to the latest verison.   Ever since ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes