Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

parcourir ne fonctionne pas !!!

BOnjourLa fonction parcourir ne fonctionne pas... Et visiblement aucun service technique.

• Casual Listener
  • BOnjour La fonction parcourir ne fonctionne pas... Et visiblement aucun service technique. 
  • olgal85
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Insane 157% CPU usage for an app sitting idle

Hi,there is a big issue with the app.On my pc - an Apple MBP - the app is just open, idle and the helper is sucking 157% of CPU making the pc to heat up and the fan to spin increasingly loud.What does the helper do?I'm wondering if it is safe to use ...

• Hi, there is a big issue with the app. On my pc - an Apple MBP - the app is just open, idle and the helper is sucking 157% of CPU making the pc to heat up and the fan to spin increasingly loud...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Need Offline for more than 1 moth

Hi guys! I've been on Spotify Premium for a long time and now am planning to travel the world for a few months. Of course I need my music with me. Now I checked and was extremely surprised when I've read the following: ".. and stay offline for up to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys!   I've been on Spotify Premium for a long time and now am planning to travel the world for a few months. Of course I need my music with me. Now I checked and was extremely surp...
  • GrizBear42
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

How to delete your local files on Windows 10

If you were trying to delete your local files in Spotify and were also struggling to find the "local-files.bnk" file in the /AppData/ folder, give this new directory a try because this is where I ended up finding that file. Hope this helps. C:\Users\...

• Music Fan
  • If you were trying to delete your local files in Spotify and were also struggling to find the "local-files.bnk" file in the /AppData/ folder, give this new directory a try because this is w...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

CANT LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK

I can't login with facebook, tried generating a code with facebook to let me login and that wont work. can't click on the spotify app through facebook and that won't work. This is so frustrating and nothing is working. I HATE the customer service thr...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't login with facebook, tried generating a code with facebook to let me login and that wont work. can't click on the spotify app through facebook and that won't work. This is so frustrating and ...
  • bagulparth
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to login with correct Facebook credentials

I have been able to login to Spotify web player with Facebook for the last few months without issue. Today, for whatever reason, I am unable to login with my Facebook credentials. I am still able to login to Facebook with no problems, but Spotify sai...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been able to login to Spotify web player with Facebook for the last few months without issue. Today, for whatever reason, I am unable to login with my Facebook credentials. I am still able to ...
  • jeane334
  • Casual Listener
  • 83 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 83 replies
  • 6 likes

Popular Songs Not Playing

Hey all, when I search an artist and attempt to play a song from the "popular" songs section it won't allow me to play anything. It also won't show a hover state on the title. I've reinstalled the application and no luck. I made a new user account an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all, when I search an artist and attempt to play a song from the "popular" songs section it won't allow me to play anything. It also won't show a hover state on the title. I've reinstalled the ap...
  • Cwcoolcow
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

No Internet connection Error 4 Mac

Hey guys, since 4 days I have a ploblem with Spotify on my Mac. It says that I dont have an Internet connection - Error 4- but i can guarantee that I am connected to the internet (tried different channels). I also tried the following things without s...

• Hey guys,    since 4 days I have a ploblem with Spotify on my Mac. It says that I dont have an Internet connection - Error 4- but i can guarantee that I am connected to the internet (trie...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify starts playing randomly

I tend to leave my computer running, so when spotify suddenly decides to start playing a song while I am asleep, it freaks me the hell out. Sometimes I am playing a game and spotify decides: "It's music time!" and starts playing a song. I have to exi...

• I tend to leave my computer running, so when spotify suddenly decides to start playing a song while I am asleep, it freaks me the hell out.  Sometimes I am playing a game and spotify decides: "I...
  • tim241
  • 31 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 22 likes

Spotify not responding after OS sleep

This problem remains from beggining of my Spotify usage (2-3 years).When i close MacBook lid and open it after some time Spotify is freezed. I have to Force Quit Spotify and reopen it. Now i have new Macbook Pro 2017 and this problem exists so reinst...

• This problem remains from beggining of my Spotify usage (2-3 years). When i close MacBook lid and open it after some time Spotify is freezed. I have to Force Quit Spotify and reopen it. Now i h...
  • alexwesterlund
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify won't let me add songs to older playlists?

When I go to add to playlist, instead of showing me all the playlists I have created it just shows a few. Did this come with the new update or is this a bug? I love adding onto old playlists that I have created as I am always listening to most of my ...

• Casual Listener
  • When I go to add to playlist, instead of showing me all the playlists I have created it just shows a few. Did this come with the new update or is this a bug? I love adding onto old playlists that I h...
  • BenBot909
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Musixmatch not working?

Today I tried to resync a song, made it all the way to the end, then musixmatch asked me to log in with Facebook (i guess in order to save what I've done so far) and Spotify just closed, my progress was lost, and it happens every time musixmatch asks...

• Regular
  • Today I tried to resync a song, made it all the way to the end, then musixmatch asked me to log in with Facebook (i guess in order to save what I've done so far) and Spotify just closed, my progress ...
  • afmerino
  • 17 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 17 replies
  • 2 likes

username after disconnecting from facebook

I recently deactivated my facebook account since I no longer use it. My spotify account was connected to my facebook account. After deactivating my facebook account, I proceeded to disconnect my spotify account from facebook. However, after I deactiv...

• I recently deactivated my facebook account since I no longer use it. My spotify account was connected to my facebook account. After deactivating my facebook account, I proceeded to disconnect my spot...
  • caszriel
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Selecting any track from an album always causes the first track to play

When viewing an album if I attempt to play any track it causes the first track to play instead of the selected or desired track. This is occuring on a completely fresh install of 1.0.73.345.g6c9971ef Short screen cap video showing behavior and versio...

• Casual Listener
  • When viewing an album if I attempt to play any track it causes the first track to play instead of the selected or desired track.   This is occuring on a completely fresh install of 1.0.73...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Empty playlists

We have a premium subscription and two of our playlists are empty: https://open.spotify.com/user/jgm7171/playlist/3SKzXqboBPjpsmnCZ4tMHv?si=3mUyZAsISjOIGeRLz4tlnQAndhttps://open.spotify.com/user/jgm7171/playlist/5qZsPlFsgNS4mj6suS1XGG?si=KZZOVJdjT82x...

• Visitor
  • We have a premium subscription and two of our playlists are empty:   https://open.spotify.com/user/jgm7171/playlist/3SKzXqboBPjpsmnCZ4tMHv?si=3mUyZAsISjOIGeRLz4tlnQ And https://open.spotify....
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pauses randomly, starts playing randomly and cancel sound randomly

Hi all, My Spotify suddenly act very strange. When I start Spotify I can usually play a whole song, but then it starts. At first the sound is cancelled, and device is changed to Web player (firefox) which I have never used before (and didn't know exi...

• Hi all,   My Spotify suddenly act very strange. When I start Spotify I can usually play a whole song, but then it starts. At first the sound is cancelled, and device is changed to Web player (...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Selecting Text in Search Results in Entire Window Dragging

Irregular behavior on mouse click in search bar(probably all input fields if others exist).To recreate this issue:1. Click on search bar and type in "Podcast Comedy"2. Now try to highlight "Comedy" (If you wanted to change it to 'Politics' for instan...

• Irregular behavior on mouse click in search bar(probably all input fields if others exist). To recreate this issue: 1. Click on search bar and type in "Podcast Comedy" 2. Now try to highlight "C...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    highlight
    input
    Mousclick
    OnClick
    Search
    select
    UX
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists from iTunes not showing up on phone

Hi so I am trying to take a playlist that I made in iTunes and make them available on Spotify. I see all of my iTunes songs on Spotify, but when I go to pull up the playlists on my phone it is coming up empty

• Hi so I am trying to take a playlist that I made in iTunes and make them available on Spotify. I see all of my iTunes songs on Spotify, but when I go to pull up the playlists on my phone it is coming...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't download!

I have had spotify for a while now but about a month ago it deleted itself from my laptop. I have tried at least 10 times to re install it but after I have pressed run, the spotify installer just disappears. Someone please help? It is so annoying!

• Casual Listener
  • I have had spotify for a while now but about a month ago it deleted itself from my laptop. I have tried at least 10 times to re install it but after I have pressed run, the spotify installer just dis...
  • CobyUnger
  • Casual Listener
  • 42 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 42 replies
  • 3 likes