Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

[PC] Spotify Equalizer!!

We want an equalizer for Spotify on pc! ok? plisss? Sins pohnes got the equalizer, why can't PC get one too? Even Iphone got one back in 2015.09.17 and Android had it befor thet!! And the Spotify community post about it got only 3 482 votes (Iphone),...

• Casual Listener
  • We want an equalizer for Spotify on pc! ok? plisss?  Sins pohnes got the equalizer, why can't PC get one too? Even Iphone got one back in 2015.09.17 and Android had it befor thet!! An...
  • RadioactiveRadz
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 12 likes

HELP! I can't see my playlists and folders in the app

Hi all - My list of playlists and playlist folders have disappeared!But - strangely, I was able to find some them in the web player of spotify by doing a searchI've had to follow those list again to see them in my own profile. Note - this problem onl...

• Hi all - My list of playlists and playlist folders have disappeared! But - strangely, I was able to find some them in the web player of spotify by doing a search I've had to follow those list again...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix bug

When I play a daily mix playlist, the current song shows at the bottom of the app. If I click the "like" button, the song at the bottom no longer refreshes to the current song being played. On the PC, when I go in to the queue and manually play the '...

• Casual Listener
  • When I play a daily mix playlist, the current song shows at the bottom of the app. If I click the "like" button, the song at the bottom no longer refreshes to the current song being played.  &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs keep skipping

So mysteriously songs keep skipping on my Mac & its started happening on my iPhone x too. Anybody else know why this is happening or have had this problem and knows hot to fix it??

• So mysteriously songs keep skipping on my Mac & its started happening on my iPhone x too. Anybody else know why this is happening or have had this problem and knows hot to fix it??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

can't access spotify.com or spotify.se or spotify.com/se through safari on my MacBook

I can't access Spotify.com (or Spotify.com/se or Spotify.se) through Safari on my MacBook. It is the only website that I encounter this issue. Seems odd given that Spotify is a Swedish-based (Stockholm, where I'm living even!) company. I haven't been...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't access Spotify.com (or Spotify.com/se or Spotify.se) through Safari on my MacBook. It is the only website that I encounter this issue. Seems odd given that Spotify is a Swedish-based (Stockho...
  • Krillestoffe
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3 Devices: Handy, PC, Macbook, had trial month, used the offline modus, doesn't play everything now

I'll try it in English at first and I'll explain it in German, too:I had Spotify for years now but just tried to use a month trial of it at the end of the last year. Short expained: I used it mostly on my mobile phone (android) but I have two other d...

• I'll try it in English at first and I'll explain it in German, too: I had Spotify for years now but just tried to use a month trial of it at the end of the last year. Short expained: I used it mostl...
  • Krillestoffe
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove local files after a reinstallation (Mac OS Sierra 10.13.3)

How do I remove playable files from local files in Spotify when the original files are moved og deleted form its original maps? I have tried deleting everything that has with Spotify(that I found), and downloaded the installation file again. Spotify ...

• Regular
  • How do I remove playable files from local files in Spotify when the original files are moved og deleted form its original maps? I have tried deleting everything that has with Spotify(that I found), a...
  • roqer
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved albums aren't in albums

Saved albums aren't shown in albums tab in Desktop app. I mean, I saved nearly 10 albums of Pink Floyd. It looks "saved" when I open the album but when I search it in albums, no it is not there. When I search it in albums on my android phone, I can f...

• Saved albums aren't shown in albums tab in Desktop app. I mean, I saved nearly 10 albums of Pink Floyd. It looks "saved" when I open the album but when I search it in albums, no it is not there....
  • carl_harris
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is the mac desktop app still so terrible? Paying subscription for worst UX.

yeah still doesn't work properly Spotify. Can't search or play anything half the time. Not good enough for a paid service. Also a contact us section is usually great etiquette, instead of making us solve our own problems on a forum.Please hire some c...

• yeah still doesn't work properly Spotify. Can't search or play anything half the time. Not good enough for a paid service. Also a contact us section is usually great etiquette, instead of making us s...
  • carl_harris
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you become a monthly listener???

I was wondering how you become a monthly listener of an artist to make your profile picture pop up underneath the monthly listener count.

• Casual Listener
  • I was wondering how you become a monthly listener of an artist to make your profile picture pop up underneath the monthly listener count.
  • RobertLoblaw
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify computer app saying offline with full internet access

Hi all,I have been having issues with Spotify on my Macbook saying it is offline even though I have full internet connection. I have tried toggling the "offline" and "private" switches, logging in and out of spotify, quitting and reopening spotify an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all, I have been having issues with Spotify on my Macbook saying it is offline even though I have full internet connection. I have tried toggling the "offline" and "private" switches, logging in ...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

TROUBLE ADDING SONGS TO PLAYLIST

So when I drag music onto a playlist that I created, it does not drag into it and does not go into my playlist. Please help, I have been trying to add music to my playlist but this is not working. And when I go to do "add to playlist" it only shows a...

• So when I drag music onto a playlist that I created, it does not drag into it and does not go into my playlist. Please help, I have been trying to add music to my playlist but this is not working.&nb...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! musicas pulando

instalei o spotify no meu pc e as musicas ficam pulando, nao toca nenhuma. já resintalei mas nao adiantou. o que fazer?

• Casual Listener
  • instalei o spotify no meu pc e as musicas ficam pulando, nao toca nenhuma. já resintalei mas nao adiantou. o que fazer?
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 36 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Autostart disabled @Login items & app - STILL starts at login

Hi Spotify Community!I have a problem with Spotify desktop on Mac. The app persistently starts at login, even though I've followed all the steps to disable the behaviour:- I've unchecked Spotify on Users & Groups settings' Login items tab.- I've chan...

• Regular
  • Hi Spotify Community! I have a problem with Spotify desktop on Mac. The app persistently starts at login, even though I've followed all the steps to disable the behaviour: - I've unchecked Spotify ...
  • Göögöö
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't detect internet

My spotify didn't detect a internet connetion. I tried turning wifi on/off and i restarted my Mac but i was still offline. I re-installed Spotify and now i can't log in. There comes a message saying "No internet connection detected. (Error code: 4)" ...

• My spotify didn't detect a internet connetion. I tried turning wifi on/off and i restarted my Mac but i was still offline. I re-installed Spotify and now i can't log in. There comes a message saying ...
  • guatechino
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends can't see my activity

Hi! It's come to my attention that my friends can't see what I'm listening to on Spotify (in real time). They can see my recently played artists and public playlists, but what I'm listening to does not show up in their Friends Feed. I've enabled "Pub...

• Hi!   It's come to my attention that my friends can't see what I'm listening to on Spotify (in real time). They can see my recently played artists and public playlists, but what I'm l...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

radio station got corrupted

So I've had a station (mac desktop) for a long time, many up and down votes. worked fine for a long time then out of the blue it's changed to a kind of music I never selected and don't have anywhere on any of my playlists. It went from Brian Eno ambi...

• So I've had a station (mac desktop) for a long time, many up and down votes. worked fine for a long time then out of the blue it's changed to a kind of music I never selected and don't have anywhere ...
  • nataliebelsha
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs wont start or play - Spotify Premium - 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b

I'm getting really fustrated. I have Spotify Premium and songs are not playing. For example: I start an album first song wil play then the next song will not event start it just sits there doing nothing. I try to pause and play and nothing. I trythe ...

• Regular
  • I'm getting really fustrated. I have Spotify Premium and songs are not playing. For example: I start an album first song wil play then the next song will not event start it just sits there doing noth...
  • born_confused71
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Library not syncing between Mac and iPhone

I don't have anywhere near 10,000 songs. But I noticed that some of the songs saved to my library on my iPhone are missing from my Mac application. The discrepancy seems to be after that BADBADNOTGOOD song.

• I don't have anywhere near 10,000 songs.   But I noticed that some of the songs saved to my library on my iPhone are missing from my Mac application. The discrepancy seems to be after that BAD...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting massive amounts of 'suspicious login attempt' on facebook + Spotify won't login w/ FB

On FB as well as in email I keep getting enormous amounts of this well-intented **bleep**. This started happening together with a bug where when I press the Facebook login button in spotify it just opens a new chrome window and nothing else happens. ...

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 14.48.54.png
  • On FB as well as in email I keep getting enormous amounts of this well-intented **bleep**. This started happening together with a bug where when I press the Facebook login button in spotify it just o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes