Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Deleting tracks from Starred is broken in multiple ways

Hi, there are the following issues concerning removing tracks from the Starred playlist: - the Delete keyboard shortcut is terrible, it should be supressed. Finding a track worth favoriting takes a lot of time/effort, I certainly never want them to b...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, there are the following issues concerning removing tracks from the Starred playlist:   - the Delete keyboard shortcut is terrible, it should be supressed. Finding a track worth favoriting ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I add my mobile devices?

Using Mac OS here....How do I add all my mobile devices with Spotify on them to my Spotify account?

• Roadie
  • Using Mac OS here....How do I add all my mobile devices with Spotify on them to my Spotify account?
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently saved albums disappearing on desktop and iOS

Hi all, I've had this problem a couple of times and it appears to be sporadic in nature - sometimes Spotify is fine and others it's not. Three days in a row I've had to save the same 5-10 albums into my music as they disappear everytime I turn my com...

• Hi all,   I've had this problem a couple of times and it appears to be sporadic in nature - sometimes Spotify is fine and others it's not.   Three days in a row I've had to save the sam...
  • beflygelt
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not getting pinged for updates from followed artists and playlists

I'm having issues comsequently getting updates from new artist releases from artists I'm following. Is this a known issue?Consequently I even continue getting notified of playlist changes from artists and users I have unfollowed.There's probably a th...

• Regular
  • I'm having issues comsequently getting updates from new artist releases from artists I'm following. Is this a known issue? Consequently I even continue getting notified of playlist changes from ar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting Kernel Panic on Spotify Helper

What happens is my computer will randomly freeze and restart as long as I have the Spotify application open on OSX. I've tried searching through the threads regarding this, I've tried- Cleaning the Libraries based on the old Mavericks trick. Didn't w...

• Casual Listener
  • What happens is my computer will randomly freeze and restart as long as I have the Spotify application open on OSX. I've tried searching through the threads regarding this, I've tried - Cleaning the...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Getting Itunes Playlist into Spotify?

Hi all, I'm new here and on Spotify, so hope I'm asking the right question in the right place. I have several Itunes playlists on my Macbook Air which I would love to import into Spotify which I also run on the Air. I understand that via Spotify I'll...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,  I'm new here and on Spotify, so hope I'm asking the right question in the right place.   I have several Itunes playlists on my Macbook Air which I would love to import into Spot...
  • ativistas
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] When searching local files Spotify only shows first 15 titles

When searching through local files an album of more than 15 titles, Spotify retrieves only the first 15 titles of that album. Why?? Where is the rest of the album?? I'm using Spotify version 1.0.5.186.ga9c24d6a in a Mac.

• Casual Listener
  • When searching through local files an album of more than 15 titles, Spotify retrieves only the first 15 titles of that album. Why?? Where is the rest of the album??   I'm using Spotify version...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Where is the list of artists, albums, songs that I follow?

When I click on a music artist, group, album or song, to follow, where does it go? How do I get to the lists of those I follow?

• Roadie
  • When I click on a music artist, group, album or song, to follow, where does it go? How do I get to the lists of those I follow?
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing playlist

My playlist named funfun is messing from my account. How do i retrieve it?

• My playlist named funfun is messing from my account. How do i retrieve it?
  • Skellingtor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

why don't all my iTunes playlists sync to Spotify?

ITUNES PLAYLISTS - I'ved tried the suggested apps on the Spotify help webpage*, none are working for me. Can anyone tell me why some of my iTunes playlists have not synced with Spotify, and how I can make that happen? I am on a Mac. Thanks very much ...

• Roadie
  • ITUNES PLAYLISTS - I'ved tried the suggested apps on the Spotify help webpage*, none are working for me. Can anyone tell me why some of my iTunes playlists have not synced with Spotify, and how I can...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Reverse engineer a playlist??

I'm listening to a playlist that I really love, I just hit play and somehow my player is sourcing from a playlist that must be a published playlist but I can't figure out where I found it, is there a way to go backwards and figure it out so I can act...

• I'm listening to a playlist that I really love, I just hit play and somehow my player is sourcing from a playlist that must be a published playlist but I can't figure out where I found it, is there a...
  • rednblu
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug: No Playlist Art if First Track is a Local File

Normally a playlist has an artwork picture made up of 4 songs from the playlist. If the first track in a playlist is a local file it doesn't show any artwork picture at all. This happen for anyone else?

• Gig Goer
  • Normally a playlist has an artwork picture made up of 4 songs from the playlist. If the first track in a playlist is a local file it doesn't show any artwork picture at all.   This happen for ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All of my songs are removed

Why is this happening? All songs that were in 'YOUR MUSIC' has disappeared. And the playlist that I update everyday has been reset to how it was five days ago. Don't tell me you can't bring back them

• Casual Listener
  • Why is this happening?   All songs that were in 'YOUR MUSIC' has disappeared.   And the playlist that I update everyday has been reset to how it was five days ago.   Don't tell m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify just turns off

Over the past few days, I'm spotify has just started turning off by itself. No error message or anything. It just turns off after listening for less than 5 minutes. I'm a premumium user on Mac. I have the latest updates for Spotify, Mac, and Adobe. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Over the past few days, I'm spotify has just started turning off by itself. No error message or anything. It just turns off after listening for less than 5 minutes. I'm a premumium user on Mac. I hav...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Russian language

Please give back russian language on mac app

•  Please give back russian language on mac app
  • gmunya
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify does not recognize iPad

I have connected my iPad (or iPhone, same behaviour) with my mac. I can see the devices in iTunes, but not in Spotify. I just don't see them in the "devices" tab of spotify. I've switched of the firewall. It was working fine until yesterday, but now ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have connected my iPad (or iPhone, same behaviour) with my mac. I can see the devices in iTunes, but not in Spotify. I just don't see them in the "devices" tab of spotify. I've switched of the fi...
  • smileybird
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Tracks Don't play Anymore

Hi, since a week or so I've noticed that some tracks don't play. The player just hangs at the begining of the track. It happens quite frequently. I'm mainly using the Mac client. This is quite annoying!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   since a week or so I've noticed that some tracks don't play. The player just hangs at the begining of the track. It happens quite frequently. I'm mainly using the Mac client. This is qui...
  • JustSven
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

How to make "Listened to" section appear on facebook?

Hi guys, do any of you know how to get the section of your timeline on Facebook to show what you've recently listened to? I used to be there a long time ago but I forgot about it and when I checked back again it was no longer there. Some of my friend...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys, do any of you know how to get the section of your timeline on Facebook to show what you've recently listened to? I used to be there a long time ago but I forgot about it and when I checked b...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

OS X Preventing Sleep

When displaying the following announcement Spotify prevents OS X from sleeping and also uses 200-300% CPU. I can't find any bug reporting anywhere. Has anybody else found this problem? https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3ntxm9vfunfg8p/Screen%20Shot%202015-05...

• When displaying the following announcement Spotify prevents OS X from sleeping and also uses 200-300% CPU. I can't find any bug reporting anywhere. Has anybody else found this problem?   https...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All the starred songs disappeared from the Starred playlist

I was playing a song from my starred playlist and then they all dissappeared. Please help me bring them back. Using desktop client on Mac laptop.

• Casual Listener
  • I was playing a song from my starred playlist and then they all dissappeared. Please help me bring them back. Using desktop client on Mac laptop.
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes