Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Getting "Local Files" into "My Music" Work Around?

There seems to be no easy way to do this anymore. About 80% of my iTunes library is in Spotify, which is good enough for me (for now), and so I was hoping I could have that entire library (the 80% that is matched in Spotify) under "My Music." I've tr...

• Casual Listener
  • There seems to be no easy way to do this anymore. About 80% of my iTunes library is in Spotify, which is good enough for me (for now), and so I was hoping I could have that entire library (the 80% th...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play queue broken on osx application

The play queue on the mac app is frustratingly broken. Songs added to the queue do not actually get added, reordering does not work, everything, the whole the is largely unresponsive, navigating to the history tab almost brings the whole app to a sta...

• The play queue on the mac app is frustratingly broken. Songs added to the queue do not actually get added, reordering does not work, everything, the whole the is largely unresponsive, navigating to t...
  • mapuya19
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

All songs have disappeared

Hi! All of my songs were gone when I opened Spotify on my macbook today. I have no idea what happened and I've followed what Spotify asked me to do (to log out and log in with my username) but my songs are all still gone. Just wondering if anyone cou...

• Hi!   All of my songs were gone when I opened Spotify on my macbook today. I have no idea what happened and I've followed what Spotify asked me to do (to log out and log in with my username) b...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Drag and drop playlists locks out keyboard and mouse

DescriptionWhen I try to drag a playlist into a folder, the app stops responding to the mouse and keyboard A more detailed description, using numbered stepsCreate a playlist folderRight click on an album, select Add to Playlist > New PlaylistIn the l...

• Casual Listener
  • Description When I try to drag a playlist into a folder, the app stops responding to the mouse and keyboard   A more detailed description, using numbered steps Create a playlist folder Rig...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac] Can't authenticate with HTTPS proxy set, on [1.0.1]

I use Spotify desktop on Mac, behind a HTTP proxy. After today's update, I can no longer authenticate with Facebook, or directly using Spotify U/P, with the proxy set. My company firewall is actually a HTTP proxy, not HTTPS, so until today (for the p...

• Music Fan
  • I use Spotify desktop on Mac, behind a HTTP proxy.  After today's update, I can no longer authenticate with Facebook, or directly using Spotify U/P, with the proxy set.    My compa...
  • manowar84
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Mac
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes

Chrome Flagging Spotify as Harmful Program

When trying to download the Spotify application for Mac, I am getting a message from the Chrome browser stating "The site ahead contains harmful programs". I am trying to download the Spotify install zip file from https://www.spotify.com/us/download/...

• Casual Listener
  • When trying to download the Spotify application for Mac, I am getting a message from the Chrome browser stating "The site ahead contains harmful programs".  I am trying to download the Spotify i...
  • Dusan88
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with "friend feed" or activity feed.

Hey everyone, so recently I've noticed that my right side activity feed will stop refreshing sometimes. This has been happening for several weeks and initially I thought it was only when my computer went into sleep mode. But recently I've been able t...

• Roadie
  • Hey everyone, so recently I've noticed that my right side activity feed will stop refreshing sometimes. This has been happening for several weeks and initially I thought it was only when my computer ...
  • EdwardJames
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Some tracks dont play

Some tracks (for example Young lust from The Wall 2011 remastered version) dont play - I double click it, nothing happens, progress bar isnt moving, music isnt playing. Im using Mac, latest version of Spotify and I have premium.Thx for help

• Casual Listener
  • Some tracks (for example Young lust from The Wall 2011 remastered version) dont play - I double click it, nothing happens, progress bar isnt moving, music isnt playing.   Im using Mac, latest ...
  • jakub_barta
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently played artist section is not updating

On the desktop app, the recently played artist section hasn't updated itself for at least two weeks, and is the same for all of my friend's profiles as well for me, why is this happening?

• Regular
  • On the desktop app, the recently played artist section hasn't updated itself for at least two weeks, and is the same for all of my friend's profiles as well for me, why is this happening?
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

High memory usage over time, on Mac

Since some versions ago, one of the Spotify Helpers sometimes increases its memory to high values (like 1,8GB or more). That only happens over the time, it's suddenly, I don't expect that mainly because I'm only listening to music. Spotify works as w...

Captura de pantalla 2014-06-18 14.03.13.png Captura de pantalla 2014-07-29 22.49.15.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Since some versions ago, one of the Spotify Helpers sometimes increases its memory to high values (like 1,8GB or more). That only happens over the time, it's suddenly, I don't expect that mainly beca...
  • pgdh
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Offline mode not always available

Hi All---been experiencing an issue with my ipad offline syncing. I have my lists all set to available offline mode on my home network on a Macbook. I use an ipad to listen to playlists while taking public transit to work. In the past, all playlists ...

• Regular
  • ...aking public transit to work. In the past, all playlists have been available, no problem. In the past 2 weeks or so, entire playlists aren't available. Sometimes, only a few songs in a playlist are a...
  • LordRollin
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

MAC Low playback volume

Playback on Mac desktop client is lower than other services even at maximum volume, is there anyway to fix this without using a third party app? Thanks

• Playback on Mac desktop client is lower than other services even at maximum volume, is there anyway to fix this without using a third party app? Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't add songs to playlist

I'm trying to add songs to a new playlist. After a certain point (unknown right now) this function stops working. I can't drag and drop a song to a playlist, nor can I right click and add it through the context menu. These are not local files. The pr...

• Regular
  • I'm trying to add songs to a new playlist. After a certain point (unknown right now) this function stops working. I can't drag and drop a song to a playlist, nor can I right click and add it through ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify 2015 update

Hello, I have Spotify Premium and I am using (2) Apple computers and an iPhone.When I downloaded Spotify onto the 1st computer (a 2010 MacBook Pro), the 2015 version of Spotify downloaded and was I able to select "High Quality Streaming" (320 kbps).W...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I have Spotify Premium and I am using (2) Apple computers and an iPhone. When I downloaded Spotify onto the 1st computer (a 2010 MacBook Pro), the 2015 version of Spotify downloaded ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Broken - selecting multiple songs in a playlist

Trying to select & move several songs within a playlist is not working - I cannot drag more than one song at a time. What gives?

• Roadie
  • Trying to select & move several songs within a playlist is not working - I cannot drag more than one song at a time.    What gives?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Artwork Not Updating

I have a playlist I update weekly. I remove all songs from the previous week and add new ones. But when I go to post this week's list on any of my social media, the playlist album artwork is still from the original playlist I made, songs that are not...

• I have a playlist I update weekly. I remove all songs from the previous week and add new ones. But when I go to post this week's list on any of my social media, the playlist album artwork is still fr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Streaming music quality

Hello, "High Quality Streaming" (320 kbps) streaming on my MacBook Pro is not as good as "Extreme" (320 kbps) streaming on my iPhone. Used the same headphones and played the same song on the MacBook Pro and the iPhone. Can anybody explain why this ma...

• Regular
  • Hello,   "High Quality Streaming" (320 kbps) streaming on my MacBook Pro is not as good as "Extreme" (320 kbps) streaming on my iPhone.   Used the same headphones and played the same so...
  • crawsail
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in on desktop client (Facebook login not working)

Hi there, I use Facebook to log into Spotify. It works on my iPhone and it also worked in these support forums. However, when I try to log into the desktop application on my Mac, it opens a web page saying "Logging in to Spotify", indicates a success...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   I use Facebook to log into Spotify. It works on my iPhone and it also worked in these support forums. However, when I try to log into the desktop application on my Mac, it ope...
  • atom1989
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

songs automatically added to my music

Why does Spotify automatically add music to My Music, when I click on a song in an album or playlist? Is there a way to change this?

• Roadie
  • Why does Spotify automatically add music to My Music, when I click on a song in an album or playlist?   Is there a way to change this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

since yesterday Spotify stops playing randomly, mac desktop

I don't kwnow what happened but since yesterday after few seconds the sound start to stop randomly.I did a clean new installation of spotify desktop appI had repaired the system permissionsI followed this instruction found in this community: Steps to...

• I don't kwnow what happened but since yesterday after few seconds the sound start to stop randomly. I did a clean new installation of spotify desktop app I had repaired the system permissions I fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes