Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! Playlist bugged

Hello! Im having some trouble with my playlist. It´s a bit hard to explain, but im going to try. After the newest spotify update, for some reason when i click on a song on my playlist, a totally different one appears. I´ve tried reinstalling spotify,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! Im having some trouble with my playlist. It´s a bit hard to explain, but im going to try. After the newest spotify update, for some reason when i click on a song on my playlist, a totally diff...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Loud Static After Waking Computer

I have the spotify desktop app for OSX I've noticed that when my computer enters sleep mode and then wakes from sleep mode, Spotify suddenly plays loud static instead of resuming the song. If I hit pause the static stops, and then play, the static co...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the spotify desktop app for OSX   I've noticed that when my computer enters sleep mode and then wakes from sleep mode, Spotify suddenly plays loud static instead of resuming the so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HTML URL doesn't play song automatically

Hey spotify-community I hope this is the right topic:I have a website that contains many Spotify URLs. Before the latest update I just had to click on one URL and the song startet automatically. Now that doesn't work anymore. Is there a solution to t...

• Hey spotify-community I hope this is the right topic: I have a website that contains many Spotify URLs. Before the latest update I just had to click on one URL and the song startet automatically. No...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify says it can't connect until I'm online, but i AM online. Error code 4

Spotify says it can't connect until I'm online, but i AM online. Error code 4 I have logged out and back in. I have deleted the app and re-installed it. Still has the problem.

• Spotify says it can't connect until I'm online, but i AM online. Error code 4   I have logged out and back in. I have deleted the app and re-installed it. Still has the problem. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop connects to audioscrobbler using insecure connection

Hi, On my Mac I'm daily using LittleSnitch - a firewall aplication that asks me whether to allow certain connections or not.When I've installed Spotify beta (1.0.0.1093.g2eba9b4b) and started setting up last.fm I was asked to allow it to connect to d...

• Hi,   On my Mac I'm daily using LittleSnitch - a firewall aplication that asks me whether to allow certain connections or not. When I've installed Spotify beta (1.0.0.1093.g2eba9b4b) and star...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashing For No Reason

So I currently use this version: 1.0.3.98.g5ef498fc I had the most recent version of the Spotify client, but it kept crashing for no reason. I did a clean reinstall (including deleting the com.Spotify.client and application support for Spotify) with ...

• Regular
  • So I currently use this version: 1.0.3.98.g5ef498fc   I had the most recent version of the Spotify client, but it kept crashing for no reason.   I did a clean reinstall (including delet...
  • Suspici0usL1ama
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Random Crash (OSX)

After playing spotify for a few minutes (sometimes longer) the app will randomly crash, generally not connected to any user input. the console log shows: Spotify(19256,0xb7481000) malloc: *** mach_vm_map(size=1048576) failed (error code=3)*** error: ...

• After playing spotify for a few minutes (sometimes longer) the app will randomly crash, generally not connected to any user input. the console log shows:   Spotify(19256,0xb7481000) malloc: **...
  • elbandito
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some tracks won't play

I have Spotify Premium. From time to time, I'll get a random song that will not play from a playlist and/or artist/album page from the desktop app. It stops the listening session and does not advance, so I go from listening to music to silence. The s...

• Music Fan
  • I have Spotify Premium. From time to time, I'll get a random song that will not play from a playlist and/or artist/album page from the desktop app. It stops the listening session and does not advance...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred playlist won't go public

I made my starred playlist private a while ago and now it won't go back to public, I was just wondering how i can fix this.thankssss

• Casual Listener
  • I made my starred playlist private a while ago and now it won't go back to public, I was just wondering how i can fix this.thankssss
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Hardware acceleration MAC

Hi. Since the update I have laggy audio when i'm using Spotify over Bluetooth to my Logitech BT adapter.In the previous version there was an option called 'hardware acceleration'. I'm looking for this option to disable in the newest version..Is it av...

• Visitor
  • Hi.   Since the update I have laggy audio when i'm using Spotify over Bluetooth to my Logitech BT adapter. In the previous version there was an option called 'hardware acceleration'. I'm...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Remember playlist scroll position

If anyone from Spotify could answer this, that'd be awesome. Since the latest update the program no longer remembers the playlist scroll position upon exiting / restarting and even when changing views (navigating away from the playlist, then clicking...

• Roadie
  • If anyone from Spotify could answer this, that'd be awesome.  Since the latest update the program no longer remembers the playlist scroll position upon exiting / restarting and even when changi...
  • tapenoon
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't Reach Settings Without a Proxy to Set Proxies

I have to use proxy servers at work to use spotify. At home I have to turn it off to listen music from preferences. (Yeah I do that everytime) But when you've changed the settings to a new UI I can't reach settings without a proxy setting. What's the...

• Casual Listener
  • I have to use proxy servers at work to use spotify. At home I have to turn it off to listen music from preferences. (Yeah I do that everytime) But when you've changed the settings to a new UI I can't...
  • Paraeon
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Link to a specific part of a track no longer works (?)

The ability to link to a specific part of a track has worked fine earlier, but i can't get this to work after the new update (Desktop client 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b). Or can this be done in some other way now? Or is it gone?

• Casual Listener
  • The ability to link to a specific part of a track has worked fine earlier, but i can't get this to work  after the new update (Desktop client 1.0.2.6.g9977a14b).   Or can this be don...
  • urre
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist generators

Since the folks here have this brilliant idea to remove the Desktop Apps could you suggest me a way to generate playlist automatically? I am using spotify mostly to discover new music and as background music at work. No time to generate every day 10 ...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the folks here have this brilliant idea to remove the Desktop Apps could you suggest me a way to generate playlist automatically?   I am using spotify mostly to discover new music a...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

no aparece sección “Dispositivos” en la barra lateral de Spotify

hola me compre el ipod shuffle y al sincronizarlo con spotify se cerro y al volver a abrirlo avia desaparecido la seccion dispositivos de la barra lateral no consigo hacer k vuelva!!ni reintalando ni nada de nada que hago? tengo un Mac con el sistema...

• Casual Listener
  • hola me compre el ipod shuffle y al sincronizarlo con spotify se cerro y al volver a abrirlo avia desaparecido la seccion dispositivos de la barra lateral no consigo hacer k vuelva!!ni reintalando ni...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest update as of today (3/25/15) is BUGGY

Can't search a playlist anymore by typing the first letters of a song title (or whatever I've sorted them by). Songs have disappeared from my playlists. Copying songs and pasting them pastes them as links instead of hyperlinked titles of the songs an...

• Regular
  • Can't search a playlist anymore by typing the first letters of a song title (or whatever I've sorted them by).  Songs have disappeared from my playlists.  Copying songs and pasting them pas...
  • Grazzt
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

liked from radio only plays first song on playlist

Hi, I'm using the desktop version of spotify on a Mac with OSX. I have a long "liked from radio" playlist. I'm able to listen to most of my songs on that list. However, at a certain point, whenever I click on a song on the list to play it, it keeps p...

• Hi,   I'm using the desktop version of spotify on a Mac with OSX. I have a long "liked from radio" playlist. I'm able to listen to most of my songs on that list. However, at a certain point, w...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! MacOS 10.10 two different users same computer

Hi there. I have a macbook with two different users. Both of them are used by me. I use one for personnal use and the other one at work.I've installed Spotify in my personal profile but I would like to have it on my other profile.When I try to connec...

• Regular
  • Hi there.   I have a macbook with two different users. Both of them are used by me.  I use one for personnal use and the other one at work. I've installed Spotify in my personal profile...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Problem, no option to create a playlist folder

On the file menu I only have the Logout and Close Window option. Im using Spotify in spanish, any hint why Im missing the other options? Thanks a lot!

• Casual Listener
  • On the file menu I only have the Logout and Close Window option. Im using Spotify in spanish, any hint why Im missing the other options?   Thanks a lot!
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Apps issue

Hey! After the last couple of updates, Spotify Apps (lastfm, pitchfork, hypemachine..) have suddenly disappeared from the window.I, now, can't sort this out how to find them back.BTW This has all occured on my Macbook. Thanks pals.

• Hey!   After the last couple of updates, Spotify Apps (lastfm, pitchfork, hypemachine..) have suddenly disappeared from the window. I, now, can't sort this out how to find them back. BTW Thi...
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes