Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Account compromised (???) PLEASE HELP

Account compromised (???) PLEASE HELP

Not sure much background is necessary here, but in case it is:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotiify-crashes-even-after-system-recove...

Okay, so Spotify is crashing constantly on desktop and iPhone. I do everything I can think of to figure out the problem, including a complete system recovery on my computer. Still crashes. 

The last thing I could think of that MIGHT be the problem was the log-in. So I uninstalled Spotify, reinstalled it and  made a free user account. No crashes. Playing right now even as I type this. 

So I'm not a computer expert but I think it has to be obvious that the issue is the log-in and most likely a compromised account. Compromised or not, it's definitely not working anymore. I log in using my Spotify username (not e-mail Facebook). My Account says I'm all paid up, in good standing. 

I really need some help on this and fast, because if it HAS been somehow compromised I need to know if I should make the rounds changing passwords. 

Thank you

Jim Casey

1 Reply

Hey Jim!

I don't think your account has been compromised, but it does sound like something weird is going on with your account. If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they are the best people to check this out for you. I have seen issues with a corrupt playlists causing issues like this many times before. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts