Add support for Google ChromeCast Audio?

Highlighted

Add support for Google ChromeCast Audio?

Casual Listener

I really can't believe I am still having to ask this question. The last 12 page thread on this full of people begging for a fix was marked as 'solved' (which it wasn't) and then locked for being old. 

Why is it I cannot cast audio from the Mac desktop app to my Google Chromecast device? At the moment it is only possible to cast from the mobile app. The previous workaround of using the web browser app whilst using chrome is not a solution. Please can you advise the community as to why you either cannot implement this feature or have chosen not to? 

Thanks

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Add support for Google ChromeCast Audio?

Composer

Due to chromecast needing a "remote" to function, it is currently only possible to cast music from your mobile device. However, it is possible to use your laptop to cast music if you initiate the song from your phone and then switch over to your computer. 

Alternatively, you can cast music from the spotify web page using chrome. Hope this has been helpful.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Can you expand on what you mean by 'remote'? If this is the case why can I cast from the chrome app on my macbook? 

Spotify Legend

Hey @Joekaz.

Thanks for getting back to us!

When you start the music via a mobile device and then load up Spotify on a desktop computer, you'll see that a device is already listening. You can leave it that way and simply select other music to play and continue on your computer.

Hope this clarifies some things. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Highlighted

That didn't clarify a thing and please address the question. Why cant we stream from Spotify app on Mac (or Windows) directly to Chromecast device without an intermediary android device or chrome browser.
SUGGESTED POSTS