Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm not able to queue new songs for play. I'll right click to add to queue and Spotify will ignore my selection and go on playing whatever it had already queued.

53 Replies

Just to add on. Also experiencing the same issue.

Window 10 desktop, 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 (Windows Store version)

Same problem. 

Have just (17 Aug 2018) uninstalled and re-installed app.  Right click, Add queue, nothing happens.

Can add to queue just fine from the IOS app on Iphone

What next spotify?

A tip whilst we're waiting for Spotify to even acknowledge, let alone fix this bug.

I've found if you use the spotify web player you can still add to the queue. I first fire up the Windows app, start it playing something, then connect to my Google chromecast.

Then open up the web interface at https://open.spotify.com. Now if you use this to add to the queue it works, you can even see the queued items appearing in the queue on the Windows app.

Been having the same problem for about 2 weeks and it's annoying

I already uninstalled / reinstalled the desktop app several times and the same keeps happening, I can't add items to the queue nor reorganize songs

I am listening to music from an iPhone (which is recognized by the desktop app through Spotify connect) so this problem is not only for Google Home Mini as some people have stated on this thread

I can confirm that I've been using the web player to add items to the queue, but the web player does not let you reorganize the playing order as the desktop app used to do

I am surprised that Spotify does not even care and sends automated emails for bug reports like this ...

Same problem here. Running Premium with version 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1 on Windows 10 and cannot que any songs when I am streaming to Sonos.

This is a novel problem as it was working for ages before.

Confronting to see the lack of acknowledgement or support from Spotify for our problem in this topic....

I too have this issue. Windows 10 and iPhone 6 with most recent firmware.

Same problem here.  Can't add to queue from Windows 10 Spotify 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1.  Started after I ran the update Monday, 2 days ago.  Worked fine before.  I use it daily.

Sucks.

Someone said Spotify support said this would be a "feature request", not a bug.

To argue this IS a bug, I just tried Spotify on Mac, and it works as expected, adding to queue properly, using the exact same steps I would use on Windows, in the exact same account.  As others pointed out, using the web version works as expected also.  This is a bug.

Of course it's a bug, mainly because I've been using this feature for at least 1 and a half year ! 

To make this whole situation weirder, my colleague also uses Spotify on her PC and she can add items to the Queue through the desktop app and she is on a free account ??? 

It's definitely a bug...I was using this feature just fine before the last update.

The queue function works fine when you have Spotify running on the desktop. But as soon as you connect another device like an iphone and start listening on it there, the queue function stops working on the desktop. 

Even though you can still queue items via the iphone and see it reflect on the desktop app, it doesn't work the other way around now...

Spotify, please get on this bug.

This is definitely a bug, it's affecting SONOS, Chromecast, iOS, Android, basically anything that works as a receiver of Spotify data though Spotify Connect.

Replicatable bug details:

1. Start playback on any device other than your Desktop PC (SONOS, Chromecast, iOS, Android, etc.)

2. Using the Desktop version of the software (doesn't appear to matter Mac or Windows), find a song

3. Right-click, or click the ... menu

4. Click "Add to queue"

5. The queue isn't updated at all

The workaround for this is using the web player, but the web player lacks features such as playlist sorting and filtering, which are critical when trying to find one song in a sea of hundreds.

In short - fix it!

For anyone on this thread waiting for status updates, there is news on a resolution -- https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Can-t-add-to-queue-or-remove-from-queue-when-using-C...

EDIT:  Apparently, not working though.

I just tested it and my issue is resolved. I can listen on Google home, add a song to the queue on my phone and it works.

Listening on my iPhone and still unable to queue songs through the Windows application, even with the last update. 

I re-installed Spotify but this has NOT resolved my issue...

Off-topic: the moderators appear highly active in this topic https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Can-t-add-to-queue-or-remove-from-queue-when-using-C... as compared to the Full Radio Silence in this thread...

I've installed the update, 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea, and it looks like it's fixed for me.

Thank you for posting the version number, it would appear despite uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify, I haven't received this version.

Suppose I'll just wait, good to hear positive results from people though.

I should also point out I'm on Windows 7, maybe 10 hasn't got it yet? I didn't need to do an uninstall, Spotify showed there was a new version available and I just needed to restart it to automatically get the updated version.

Yea, that's another good point, Windows Store might have a delay.

Just got the latest update on android - its now working finally!

Suggested posts