Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album Bug

Album Bug

As of today, you cannot start in the middle of an album.  If you want to play the 5th song of an album say, and press play on it it will play the 1st song.  In fact, all the songs in an album will just start the first song from 0:00.  However if you turn on shuffle it will play a random song in the album and not the first song 100% of the time, but it won't be the song you clicked play on most of the time.

Example:  Try to play Demon Days, Starts Intro at 0:00, try to play White Light, starts Intro at 0:00, etc.

It is like this for every album I have tried.  The only way to get to the song you want is to skip or wait...

5 Replies

I have the same problem. 

I have this same problem, but after reinstalling spotify, the bug was gone. But in few days the bug occured again. I don't know if this bug is triggered by some kind of program or anything else. Only just reinstalling spotify is the only solution that i know of.

And I Think it's caused by your computer going to sleep, while spotify is opened in the background.

I reinstalled it, but if I update it to the current version the bug reappears. It also reappears whenever I start up my computer. 

Having the same problem, it always go to the first music of the album.

Suggested posts