Free

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Everytime I try to save a whole album the songs in it don't save to my library, I have to click each song to save them. The songs don't appear in my saved songs, but the album does.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In the desktop app, you can do it like this:
- select all songs (using shift-click)
- right-click, select "Save to your liked songs".
Still too many clicks, but much better than having to click each song individually.

likedsongs.png

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We recently changed the way music is saved to Your Library.

Liking an album won’t automatically like all its songs. The albums you've added to Your Library are now added to the Albums section.

To like all the individual songs in an album, please follow @nathbot's instructions above.

For a comprehensive guide on how to save music to Your Library, you can check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

22 Replies

Hey, @tristanyc -

No worries!

What you are experiencing is a part of a new feature;

Liking an album won’t automatically like all its songs. The albums you've added to your library will be added to the Albums section of your library - not your Liked Songs.

If you'd like to add the songs in an album to you library, you can simply add them individually; or if you'd like to add all the songs in once, click the three dots on the album and select Like All Songs.

Check this out for more:

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/features/what-is-your-music/

If you have any other questions, please reply 🙂

Ah, that makes more sense now. Thanks for the help!

Great! If you need anything else, I'll be

https://open.spotify.com/album/6nOpAM6FOumWgC5k1dBF0s

Like All Songs option does not exist in the Windows desktop app as suggested in this issue or your documentation.

NoLikeAll.png
Marked as solution

In the desktop app, you can do it like this:
- select all songs (using shift-click)
- right-click, select "Save to your liked songs".
Still too many clicks, but much better than having to click each song individually.

likedsongs.png

What is the purpose of this new feature?  Why would you want to like the songs in an album but not the album itself, or vice versa?

on mobile how do i do this it doesnt give me an option to like all songs in an album

Some people (myself included), want a list of liked songs that isn't polluted with every track from my liked albums. This feature allows me to like an album, and also like a few favorite tracks with in it. The way it used to work made the library unusable for me.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We recently changed the way music is saved to Your Library.

Liking an album won’t automatically like all its songs. The albums you've added to Your Library are now added to the Albums section.

To like all the individual songs in an album, please follow @nathbot's instructions above.

For a comprehensive guide on how to save music to Your Library, you can check out this Spotify Answer.

Thanks!

that's annoying that it changed. seemed like a good feature. so without realizing i was saving albums thinking they would go to my liked playlist. now i have a mixture of saved albums that have all the songs liked and saved albums that have no songs liked. -__-

I went through community articles on this new feature and I can't find 'Your Library' section on the left menu panel on Windows 10. What should I do? 

1.jpg

@HoldMyBeer I hope I'm not misunderstanding your issue, but isn't that a "Your Library" section on the top left of your screenshot?

With "Made for you", "Recently played", "Liked songs", "Albums", "Artists" etc under it.

I think you can find a section named “Your Library” in the webpayer. 

I'm with dcthomp on this -- can we have an account setting that adds all songs to my library when I like the album? Otherwise, liking an album is useless for me. 

I understand why someone would want to save the album and not all the songs, but I agree that having the choice to keep doing like before would be so much better.

If they want to keep development to a minimum, for me even just an extra album menu item called "Save Album and Songs" would be fine.

That should be easy to do on both desktop and mobile versions...

Same here. There is no 'select all songs' option I can see anywhere. I have to like the songs individually.

Are we ever getting something as a simple click on the three dots of the albums > add all songs liked songs feature? I just realized the songs of my favorite band are not on my liked songs and I have to manually add a lot of songs one by one because there is no add all option. And no, selecting them all and then add them is not a good solution.

Hey there @daleman84,

Thanks posting here in the Community!

We understand your frustration because of how you had to like a lot of songs of your favorite band, even though you saved the albums. If you are not happy with the suggested workaround, we recommend that you post an idea that requests the save all songs feature in the album menu. You can learn how to do this here.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to keep track of what changes our users are interested in and how popular a certain idea is. This page explains how exactly your feedback reaches Spotify.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

why would you make it that way, though?

Suggested posts