Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Desktop/Mobile

My Question or Issue

Hello:

I have received the new UI and I have noticed little issues regarding the sorting of albums. I've noticed that, in some cases, after opening the full discography of the artist, the sorting is wrong, as you can appreciate in the screenshot:

Sorting albums.png

This artist is Mägo de Oz. Can you check it, please? This issue has also happened in mobile version since many time ago, but now it looks to have been brought to the Desktop app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Lousan92,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

It's possible that the relevant team is rolling out the fixes one platform at a time. Just in case, we recommend that you file a second broken content report using the steps that @Peter posted above and specify that the sorting issue persists for your Android setup. Once they have the report logged, they'll happily take a closer look into what may be causing this.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey there @Lousan92,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

Can you send us the URI so that we can have a closer look directly from our end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello, Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply! Here is the URI of the mentioned artist:

spotify:artist:5ZNxiPcbKgaNcBrERMpqeu

Here is another artist in which I also saw this behavior, showing a 2005 album between 1991 and 1986:

Sorting albums 2.png

spotify:artist:5BMgsAFg8rZQc3tqs5BB8G

Have into account that I'm using Spotify from Spain, so maybe the releases are different in other countries.

I can give you some clues about why this can be happening. In the first case, the album was originally released in 1994, but the release uploaded into your catalog is a reedition from 1999 (as you can see in the copyright). Here is the URI of this album:

spotify:album:2bd1v95jgTZD0D9dZXOEOE

However, in the second case, it's completely the opposite: the original release of this album was in 1988 (you can see that there is another version of the album that shows the correct date), but the main release shown in the discography page is a reedition from 2005. Perhaps, are albums being sorted by copyright date instead of release date? Anyway, what happens in this case is that the release date should be changed from 2005 to 1988.

Main version URI (2005, should be 1988): spotify:album:4XmaHGVnmbaxxGbySexbN4

Second version URI (1988): spotify:album:2JBsEO5oMKpvXpMwSK04pU

Thank you again, greetings!

Hey again @Lousan92,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us and for providing all of the information.

We'll take a closer look into this since we can reproduce the same behavior.

Once again, thank you for sharing this information.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey @Lousan92,

Thanks for waiting up while we looked into this.

Based on the info that you provided us with, namely that you're experiencing this sorting issue across different devices, we can conclude that this is a content error rather than an issue with the new Desktop app.

We'd like to suggest that you check out this support site article and follow the instructions under Broken or incorrect content to get this reported.

Thanks again!

Hello, Peter:

Thanks for looking into this issue. Maybe you are right, and it is a content error. I'm pretty sure that you have more information than me about this aspect. However, in the old UI the sorting works well:

Old UI.png

Something has changed when the UI was migrated. I don't know which of them would be the correct behavior...

One more thing: in order to know if there was something wrong on metadata, I called the Spotify API using Postman to obtain the data from the 1994 album. I attach the generated JSON to this message. I haven't seen any references to 1999, except from the copyright. But I don't think that the albums are being sorted by it, because I've seen other albums from other artists with different copyright dates and they have their albums sorted correctly. Perhaps there are more metadata that are not being shown by the API response...

Greetings,

Lousan92

Hey there @Lousan92

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

We've investigated this backstage and it seems to be related to an issue with the albums' release date that we have. 

No worries, we've reported it to the right team so they can take a closer look and we hope they'll be able to fix it soon. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello, thanks for looking into this again. If you need me to test something or give more information, don't hesitate to contact me.

Greetings!

Hello guys! 

I've seen that it's already solved in the Desktop app. Thank you so much! 

However, there are bad news: in the mobile app is still happening:

Screenshot_2021-05-25-10-12-38-089_com.spotify.music.jpg

I'm using the Android app, version 8.6.28.70. Can you take a look into it?

Thanks again! Greetings 😊😊

Marked as solution

Hey @Lousan92,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

It's possible that the relevant team is rolling out the fixes one platform at a time. Just in case, we recommend that you file a second broken content report using the steps that @Peter posted above and specify that the sorting issue persists for your Android setup. Once they have the report logged, they'll happily take a closer look into what may be causing this.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

Thank you, that's what I'll do. I'm accepting this topic as solved 🙂

Greetings!

Suggested posts