Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Any way to customize the live tile?

Solved!

Any way to customize the live tile?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Is there a way to customize what is shown in start menu live tile? As a metalhead, all the pop/rap stuff that shows up is not only irrelevant, but annoying.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Pepetruen0

I do agree it would be great, but for now it's not possible, unfortunately. 

However there is a Live Idea which suggesting this, you can give your vote and comments in support there : ) 

>> [All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Pepetruen0

I do agree it would be great, but for now it's not possible, unfortunately. 

However there is a Live Idea which suggesting this, you can give your vote and comments in support there : ) 

>> [All Platforms] Customize Start Screen

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

But why is it 'not possible'? Everything is possible when it comes to programming. Of course it should be possible to mirror the current song on the tile. Many other apps show latest/current content - so why not the premier music streaming platform? 

Hey there @alexwent,

Thanks for sharing this here in the Community!

While the app's tiles in the Windows Start page are not customized or updated live yet, the best way to request that is by sharing this in our Idea Exchange. This way, other users can show their support and contribute to the discussion about seeing this feature in the Windows app.

Further, keep in mind that the idea shared above is more related to the Start page in the app itself rather than the Windows Start page. You can find more info on how to share your idea in this Spotify Answer.

As for how your feedback reaches Spotify and how ideas get implemented, we'd recommend taking a look here for more info.

Hope this info is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Exactly. "for now it's not possible, unfortunately" is neither a solution nor an explanation.

Suggested posts