Premium

Country

UK

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

My spotify had a modern interface for the longest time. Then an update rolled out and my PC couldn't update it for some reason. My PC has harddrive space so that isn't the issue.

I uninstalled spotify completely and went to reinstall it with the regular link and it didn't work. I clicked the installer and nothing happened. So I installed the alternative link (http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe) This worked and has installed but the interface looks COMPLETELY different (and older). Why is this, and is there a way to get the old interface back? thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @legoche, welcome to Community!

That installer indeed installs an old version of Spotify (client version 0.9.xxx).

I'm pretty sure it's so old fails with updating itself as well, so I recommend trying this:

1. uninstall that client

2. make sure there are no Spotify folders left in %appdata% folders (roaming and local)

3. restart your computer

4. try installing from this link - it's a full installer.

(note: the new clients remove everything from %appdata% when uninstalling/reinstalling, but the old clients didn't do that.)

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

the application updated itself. whenever I click to open the application nothing happens.

Marked as solution

Hey @legoche, welcome to Community!

That installer indeed installs an old version of Spotify (client version 0.9.xxx).

I'm pretty sure it's so old fails with updating itself as well, so I recommend trying this:

1. uninstall that client

2. make sure there are no Spotify folders left in %appdata% folders (roaming and local)

3. restart your computer

4. try installing from this link - it's a full installer.

(note: the new clients remove everything from %appdata% when uninstalling/reinstalling, but the old clients didn't do that.)

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thanks for replying!

I uninstalled and deleted all spotify related files from my computer.

When I click to open the installer, nothing happens at all. I get an eggtimer to show the computer is doing something but nothing happens.

I am running the installer as an administrator. Also in compatibility to windows 7 and it still doesn't work.

update:

I ran the alternate installer from my other hard drive, and the download worked fine. problem solved

Thankyou so much for your help.

Suggested posts