Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists Libraries knackered!

Artists Libraries knackered!

UK. Premium. Windows 10. Latest version of desktop app.

There are problems on the Windows 10 Desktop apps with Artist libraries.

First, some of my artist libraries contain songs that I have not liked. Not sure why. However, can't play them. When I click to play one of them, it just takes me back to the first song in the list.

Bigger problem, in some of my artist lists when I try to play a certain track in the list (even if liked) it loops back to the first song. The problem is inconsistent and applies to both followed and unfollowed artists.

Brooklyn Funk Essential - 26 tracks. I can play up to track 15. If I click on play anything above that it takes me back to track 1.

Examples:

I have 43 liked songs for Prince. If I play the first song and let it continue to play, it will play all 43 songs okay. I can click "Next" and it will act as expected, ie play the next song. I can click the play button to the left of tracks 2 and 3, but if I try and click play on any track between 4 and 43 it goes back to track no 1.

For the Red Hot Chili Peppers I have 120 songs. Same problem as for Prince except I can't press play on any song ie anything above track 1 takes me back to track 1.

Damian Jurado - 121 songs, but I can click on play for any of them without a problem.

5 Replies

Hey there @MarkWilliams123

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

If that doesn’t do the trick, just let us know and we’ll provide you with further help. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

No. Didn't work. However, others are reporting similar problems. I think it is a problem with the app.

Hey @MarkWilliams123!

Thanks for giving the reinstall a try.

You're right that we've seen other reports about this and we've now created an Ongoing issue about it. You can take a look here to see what other troubleshooting steps you can try.

We'd also recommend leaving a +Vote and a comment with your info. We'll keep everyone updated on the status of the issue on that page.

In your post you also mention that you see songs in Your Library that you didn't save. Can you try logging in on your Account page and going to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side.

There you can check if there are any third party apps listed that you don't recognize and make sure to "Remove Access" for those.

Keep an eye out for updates on the Ongoing Issue. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Can you please be a little more specific as to where I can find the Apps page? Are you talking about the Windows 10 app or spotify.com?

In any case I can't find the Apps page. In any event, I certainly haven't installed any third party apps related to Spotify.

Ok. Found the Apps page. Nothing abnormal in there.

Spotify Community, Spotify Music Bot and Shazam.

Suggested posts