Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

waiting for connection

waiting for connection

Im trying to download a playlist for my local files and it gets stuck on "waiting for connection...". I have disabled all my firewalls, uninstalled spotify and reinstalled, and still nothing. need help. 

17 Replies

Hey @jmv303, welcome to the community!

If you're having trouble syncing your local files, try following these steps, and the FAQ for some other troubleshooting steps.

Let me know once you give it a shot.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

It still does not work. Ive tried all the steps and I still get "waiting for connection..."

No worries!

Let's try using a different internet connection to sync your local files. In case you don't have access to another internet connection, try tethering your data to sync only a few songs and see if it helps.

Keep me in the loop.

I have the same problem. Waiting for connection.pngDoesn't have anything to do with my local files tough. On all my playlists it says "waiting for connection" when I want to download them. I've already tried reinstalling and disabling firewall protection. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but then I need some steps to follow.

I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1709, build 16299.431 on a Dell Inspiron 5537.

Spotify version is 1.0.80.474.gef6b503e (Windows Store-versie).

Please help. It's really annoying.

Thanks

Hey @Rompslomp.

That's odd. Have you tried using a different internet connection? You can tether your data from a phone to the desktop to see if it helps.

Also, is it only happening on PC, or other devices are affected as well?

Keep me posted.

Hi!

I'm facing the same problem on my notebook. I tried everything and I'm stuck with waiting for connection. Tried a different connection but no go. Although if I log in another PC and try to download it works! I think the problem is with Windows 10 or something, no idea how to fix it though. Help please!

Thanks

Hey Alfredo, thanks for your answer.

A different internet connection doesn't remove the problem, must 've been connected to at least 7 different connections while having this problem. I don't know what tethering means or what I should do to achieve that. I know I can play music from my phone and use laptop as a controller and vice versa, but that doesn't remove the issue. Now that I check the spotify connect, I don't seem to be able to find my phone with my laptop (they're on the same wifi network), where I previously could. Maybe it's got something to do with that, or is that a part of the issue?

I don't have the issue on my phone, only on PC. 

Hopefully this information can point you in the direction of the origin of the problem.

Hey Alfredo,

Can you help me further? 

Would like to have a fix for the issue.

Since last message, I have been able to connect my app to desktop, so I suppose it's got nothing to do with that.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay!

Just to confirm, is this happening when you try to sync your local files to your mobile device or are you trying to download a specific playlist to your desktop?

Also, does the same happen if you try to download other playlists to your device?

Keep me posted.

Hey!

I am trying to download playlists on my laptop. On my phone everything works fine. I have this problem with every playlist I want to download on laptop.

Thanks for the reply

No trouble at all!

Let's try creating a new playlist on your laptop, and try downloading it. You can also make a copy of one of the playlists you want to download to test it out.

Do you happen to have a different laptop or desktop you could use with the same internet connection to see if it behaves the same?

All the best.

Okay, I was having the exact same problem and I couldn't solve it for a few months. Magic happens after I updated my windows software and after that, everything works just fine! Maybe you should look for any software update and update them right away! Btw the latest software I installed was Windows 10, version 1803. Hope this helps! 😄

Hey!

Just solved the issue by indeed, updating to 1803. Thanks for the reply!

You're welcome! 🙂

@Rompslomp wrote:
Hey!

Just solved the issue by indeed, updating to 1803. Thanks for the reply!

I have both Microsoft Devices Windows Phone and Computer so I checked it on Windows Phone and it works 100% if you allow celluar netowrk can see on picture so it works from hotspot Wi-Fi 100%, I don`t know why it`s not on settings for Computers I have Windows 10 1903 but it gives nothing in my case I solved it by Wi-Fi nice it works in Picture we can see settings for Microsoft phone runing on latest Windows 10 version.

wp_ss_20191016_0001.png

it also fixed my issue by updating to the latest version of windows 1903 

thanks 🙂

So I read this whole post, and tried everything. I reinstalled Spotify , deleted all folders and files attached to Spotify, and reinstalled it multiple times. I reinstalled it on the latest version of Windows also. I have multiple devices (ex. laptop, and phones) in my household that can download music perfectly fine, but my main PC doesn't work. Changing all the file locations to custom folders also doesn't work. Whatever I have tried it does not work. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Suggested posts