Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Batch Deleting Albums

Batch Deleting Albums

My album list is huge and I want to remove at least half of them, Is it possible to highlight the albums I want to delete and remove them all at once? 

1 Reply

Hi and welcome:

From where at are you wanting to do this in Local Files under Your Music, or Albums under Your Music, or within playlists?

You can delete large selections of material within Local Files under Your Music and within each playlist by highlighting with keyboard and mouse clicks more than one track at a time. You can even use Select all from either the Edit in upper left hand corner and choosing Select All, or using key board shortcuts in windows Ctrl+f keys together, mac is slightly different doing this, so if you have a mac you need to use whatever key combo is used to do this as well.

Albums under Your Music have to be removed one at a time as there is no select all feature there, I think that was done to prevent users accidentally removing everything. Since users can currently have up to 10,000 tracks there that is allot of albums if a user accidentally used select all and deleted them and then the user ends up trying to find them all and add them back, some users would just give up and leave if they lost accidentally 100's of albums with a select all mistake. So here under Your Music in Albums you have to do them one at a time just like a user added them one at a time.

Does this answer what you are after?

Suggested posts