Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth speakers and spotify

Bluetooth speakers and spotify

Hi all,

I wanted to just let you know about an error/bug when streaming Spotify to Bluetooth speakers from my laptop. 

Basically, when spotify is running and I then connect my bluetooth speakers Music wont play at all. The "play" button will indicate music is playing but nothing is playing, and the track stays at 0:00. 

To fix this I need to restart Spotify and it will then work without any problems and play through the speakers. 

This doesn't happen with any other programs, such as iTunes or VLC player, so my guess is that it is to do with Spotify. 

Also, this only happens from the Desktop version, the Webplayer works fine too. 

Please fix this, as it is rather annoying. 

Thanks,

Marc

83 Replies

Refer to chrome book or your headphone bluetooth troubleshooting help as
it's not directly related to Spotify

Hey Marc...my problem is that when I select "deviced available" a pop up appears that wants to help me set it up. I'm already set up; but the pop up won't let me get to the device to select. Annoying!

After years of flawless audio to my bluetooth speaker using Google Play music/YouTube music. Spotify is terrible from my laptop. It works better off my phone to the same bluetooth speaker.

I don't see any solutions here - just commiseration.

Time to look at Apple for music and podcasts.

Still experiencing this issue December 2023 - at least there is an explanation and well If I'd been holding my breath, I'd be dead a long time

Suggested posts