Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Browsing albums using new sidebar

Browsing albums using new sidebar

I have lots of albums saved for future listening, but the new sidebar makes it very difficult scrolling through them. I use compact mode, so all albums are listed as text.

I tried disabling compact mode, but it's difficult scrolling through album thumbnails using the new sidebar.

Is there any way to get all saved albums to appear in the main window as was the case previously, with large thumbnail? That was a great way of browsing saved albums.

By the way, I understand the filter option can be use to easily find albums, but the reason I like to browse saved albums is because I forget what I've saved, so the filter option is no use.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Hey @Jenjam, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

It won't be exactly the same as before but you can expand the new sidebar to take half of the windows space.

Get out of compact mode and use the arrow next to the button. Once you enlarge Your Library, you can switch to Grid View for a similar experience to the old Your Library page.

Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks, Loxer, doing good, thanks. Same to you.

Your suggestion does make it easier to navigate, but it's too many steps - I really want the saved albums to appear in the main window. Because I prefer compact view for my own playlists, that means I have to change the views and expand the sidebar each time I want to look at my saved albums. 

I'm not adverse to change, if it's for the better then great, but the new sidebar is a serious downgrade in my opinion. 

Sadly, I won't be saving any new albums for future listening or browsing my currently saved ones with this configuration.

Thanks

After a couple of weeks of fumbling, I finally looked this up and found that hey, it's not only me. @Loxer, the new sidebar does not have a folder/tab/playlist/whatever for saved albums, period. It doesn't matter whether one views Spotify in compact mode or expanded or grid view—saved albums no longer appear. The way to do this now appears to be creating a new playlist for every album one would like to save, which, I mean, did anyone at Spotify *try* this before launching?

Suggested posts