Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Bug] Incorrect Large Playlist Duration Displayed 0.9.10

Solved!

[Bug] Incorrect Large Playlist Duration Displayed 0.9.10

I'm very happy that the playlist time was added back into Spotify, but it doesn't seem to give the correct time, at least for large playlists. I don't know when the time starts to fail, but I'm currently playing through a list with around 4,000 songs and sometimes when I delete a song, the playlist time goes UP!

Example:

1. Playlist says "324 hr 17 min".
  2. Delete two tracks (totalling ~7 min).
  3. Expected "324 hr 10 min" (+/- 1 min) but now says "324 hr 34 min."

Clearly removing tracks would never increase the playlist duration, so I'm not sure what's going on there. The amount the playlist time changes is different each time and sometimes it does go down. I may not have even noticed it except for the fact that it is so irregular. I checked one of my smaller playlists and the time was correct, so this may only be an issue for large playlists.

Windows 7

Spotify 0.9.10.14.g578d350b

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just been confirmed by a member of the community team this is reproducible and has been reported internally to the development team for you.

Thanks for the report! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Got a link to a playlist you are having issues with?

Peter

It's not just one playlist, but here's a sample playlist I just created that exhibits the bug:

DurationBug

(I removed a 24 second intro and the duration increased by 2 min.)

Update: Looks like the error occurs for playlists at least 14 hrs in length and is not necessarily related to the number of songs.

Can confirm this on my system too. Getting this reported internally to the Spotify guys (since I would imagine it will be a low priority issue).

Peter

Marked as solution

Just been confirmed by a member of the community team this is reproducible and has been reported internally to the development team for you.

Thanks for the report! 🙂

Peter

What is the status on this bug? It still exists in 0.9.13.24 with playlists of only 2500 songs.

I can see it happening in my playlist as well.

24h of Deep House

When I copy it to another playlist is sometimes 22h and other times some time near that.

This has also lead me to finding another bug. When I copy the tracks over my list only shows 214 songs, while the original states 216 songs.

I have also checked this via word (copy all the lines and do a word count) which also stated 214.

I believe (as a developer) this has something to do with dangling references to local (offline) tracks that were once in there. It is annoying though because it seriously skews my 24h to a lot less (because these local tracks were quite long).

Please fix!

It's been three years since this issue was reported to the dev team, but I'm still experiencing the issue. Is there any update? It's quite aggrevating that my playlist which used to be 1200 songs and ~68 hours is now 1000 songs and ~75 hours.

Suggested posts