Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug − multiple Janets

Bug − multiple Janets

I was listening to Janet Jackson, then a song listed that it was by "Janet". I clicked her name and was taken to music from an assortment of Janets, not just Janet Jackson. I was offered the chance to play through this clashing assortment of tracks as though I was feeling a bit bipolar. Either there's a bug in saving the artists for this music or you have a silly interface that deliberately groups unrelated artists just because they have the same name.

It was too difficult to report this bug btw, you're lucky that I bothered helping you.

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You can report any content errors/issues such as these directly to the Spotify content team using the instructions outlined in this topic. Once you have submitted a query, the content team will investigate and then pass any needed details over to the record label to request a correction/change if needed (so it can take some time unfortunately!).

This issue is rooted a little deeper than just multiple artists on the same page. Spotify currently does not have a way in the clients to separate artists with the same name, meaning anytime this happens the artists get merged onto a single page. There is a discussion about it over on the Ideas Exchange here.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ah ok, that's crazy that people need to raise this issue in an ideas forum as though it's an alternative to a deliberate design decision.

Suggested posts