Can't see what my friends are listening to after update

Solved!

Can't see what my friends are listening to after update

Qubis
Casual Listener

So after the recent update i can't see my friends activities in the right box

i was really enjoying that i could get some music ideas from my friends so i miss it alot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Can't see what my friends are listening to after update

Shiizzam

I was having the same issue.  New to Spotify, I checked tons of threads and no help.  Customer support is great at getting back to you but no fix on this issue.  

My fix - I deleted the Spotify app, and reinstalled the old version... Version 0.8.5.1356.gd1d40f3a.  I found it at http://spotify.en.softonic.com.  It works now.  There is a link at the top of the window to restart for the latest version. - Don't do that, or the friend activity goes away.  

26 Replies

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

You might need to "Follow" your friends again from the new "Follow" tab on the left hand side of the desktop client. Anyone you follow's activity will then be shown in your activity sidebar, including what artists you follow are listening to as well as new releases and playlists!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

JtL
Casual Listener

How is it possible to see the complete friends list?

pwotywo

I'm having the same issues too. On the right side of my activity bar only shows what my fave artists are doing (which isn't much). I really do miss seeing what my other friends were listening too and I was wondering how we could fix it back so that we could see what all our facebook friends on spotify are listening to.
I talked to some of my friends today too and they didn't have this problem, they could still see what everyone was listening to on their activity bars. So yeah, help please us! :)

Peter__
Community Legend

@JtL wrote:

How is it possible to see the complete friends list?

Its not possible! I know right, such a pain!

I have suggested over on the Ideas Exchange here that this functionality be added, please add your kudos and comments there!

Peter

Peter

Solution!

Shiizzam

I was having the same issue.  New to Spotify, I checked tons of threads and no help.  Customer support is great at getting back to you but no fix on this issue.  

My fix - I deleted the Spotify app, and reinstalled the old version... Version 0.8.5.1356.gd1d40f3a.  I found it at http://spotify.en.softonic.com.  It works now.  There is a link at the top of the window to restart for the latest version. - Don't do that, or the friend activity goes away.  

user-removed
Not applicable

I just updated today, and I'm not able to see what friends are listening to on the sidebar anymore.  Is there any way we can get that old feature back? It was way better to see what friends are listening to without having to press a button to follow them.  I am not going to 'follow' all of my friends, but when I listen to spotify on my computer, I enjoy seeing what they're playing sometimes because it influences my listening trends.

Peter__
Community Legend

@user-removed wrote:

I just updated today, and I'm not able to see what friends are listening to on the sidebar anymore.  Is there any way we can get that old feature back? It was way better to see what friends are listening to without having to press a button to follow them.  I am not going to 'follow' all of my friends, but when I listen to spotify on my computer, I enjoy seeing what they're playing sometimes because it influences my listening trends.

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

There is no way to view the activity of all of your friends without following them in the latest client. 

Have a read at my post here about the social changes and links to the ideas topics to vote up if you would like to see features such as this return in the future. 

Peter

Peter

KaramEllen
Casual Listener

I had this problem..I had to unfollow,and follow again..But I cant follow the one I wanna follow..It just say updating..

:(

MurderousMarvin
Casual Listener

This is not ideal. Part of the what made the FB connect feature fun is that you could anonymously see what your friends were listening to. Anyone who wanted to share their activity could, and if I wanted to see shared activity, that was my choice too.

Having to explicitly go on record as following people is a little creepy. Rather than following friends I'll just have to not see what people are listening to, which was something I enjoyed.

SUGGESTED POSTS