Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sort playlists in reverse order + scroll issue when dragging songs in Queue

Can't sort playlists in reverse order + scroll issue when dragging songs in Queue

- Can't sort playlists in reverse order
- The decision to remove the artists column is just bizarre
- No longer scrolls up or down whilst dragging tracks around the play queue, which is deceptively infuriating.

- No search bar

- Inability to scroll through artists' discographies

Beyond that, it is distinctly uglier than before and everything is much too large.

5 Replies

Hey @Eddie2112_,

Thanks for commenting in the Blog post on the new Desktop app! We wanted to address a couple of the points you made there, namely:

1. Can't sort playlists in reverse order
  2. No longer scrolls up or down whilst dragging tracks around the play queue
  • Would you mind providing us with the exact steps to reproduce the behaviour of the app for both the instances as you've described them above?
  • Could you also let us know which version of the Spotify desktop app you're on?

Once we have that, we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

I have the same issue with the scrolling.
The playlist does not scroll any more (up or down) while dragging songs. I can still sort them in the visible window...but no scrolling.
It used to work a few days ago. Not sure if my PC did an update of spotify or how to check that.

The only thing I changed in the last weeks was that I conected spotify to last.fm to get better statistics of what I heard and how many times.

Spotify für Windows
1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad

Thanks for taking a closer look

Hey @André2021

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We are aware of this issue and our team is currently looking into it. Head over to this Ongoing Issue thread and add the requested information as a comment. Don't forget to +Vote and subscribe to the thread in order to stay up to date with any developments.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This issue is almost a year old. Any news on its resolution? Not being able to scroll while dragging songs on the playlist is extremely annoying.

Besides, this used to work just fine, how can you call an "Update" and update when it just breaks functionality. There have been many "updates" since this was reported and, none of them, not a single one, fixed a simple scroll bug.

Hi @beyondmarc,

Thank you for posting on this thread.

What you mention sounds very similar to the Ongoing Issue posted by @Alex. If that's the case, then please head over to that thread, add the information that is requested and leave your +Vote. This will ensure you stay up to date with any developments.

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts