Free

Country

Poland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I cannot view my spotify profile on desktop app or web browser when logged in. I can view my profile as unregistered user via link in web browser. This error started after I turned off data processing from facebook. My name changed from the one on facebook to the previous one which i had. I couldn't view my profile, so i decided to turn on data processing from facebook again. Although it changed the name (only for the other other users, not for me when i am logged in) I still cannot view my profile. The error message says "Coś się nie udało, proszę odświeżyć stronę" which translates to "Something went wrong, please refresh the page".

7 Replies

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Just to clarify, it's expected that when you turn off data processing from Facebook when your Facebook profile is linked to your Spotify account, the info from your Facebook profile won't appear on your Spotify profile anymore. However, keep in mind that you can customize your Spotify profile without it being linked to Facebook. You can change your display name by following these steps, and your profile picture by following these ones.

To have a better understanding of what's happening, can you confirm where exactly you're seeing that error message? Are you clicking on your profile in the top right corner of the app/web player? A screenshot or screen recording of how it looks when trying to see your profile would come in handy, just make sure not to include any private info.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Here is the video example of this error. It happens on app and on web aswell. If I try to view my profile as unregistered user on web (copy link to my profile and paste in private window so that I am not logged in) I can see my profile with no problem.

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for getting back to us with this info.

Just to confirm, are you having the same issues on mobile?

We'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the desktop app by following these steps. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies just to see if you notice any difference.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can view my profile on mobile app. Out of curiosity I have checked whether I can view my profile on mobile browser as logged in user. To my surprise I can, but as soon as I change the view to desktop view I am immediately redirected to "spotify.com/pl/". I have reinstalled the desktop app and also cleared my cookies and cache but it has not fixed the problem.

Hi @user-removed, 

Thanks for your reply!

Could you give these steps a try in order to check your host files?

Let us know if you notice any difference after this. 

NovyModerator

There weren't any entries with spotify or fastly in the address in hosts file therefore I didn't make any changes and the error still occurs.

Hi again @user-removed, 

Thanks for keeping us posted and trying what we've suggested. 

Just to confirm, do you notice the same behavior if you log in with a different account on the desktop app or web player? If you don't have one, you can ask a friend or a family member to log in to theirs just to see how it goes. 

If possible, it would also be helpful to know if you're able to test this using a different computer. 

We'll be right here.

NovyModerator

Suggested posts