Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changelog / Release Notes

Changelog / Release Notes

When version 1.1.46.916 of the Windows desktop app made a mess with local files, I rolled back to 1.1.42.622 and blocked updates, and I've been doing fine for about a month.

Now I hear the lates version fixes the local files issue, but frankly I don't trust it --even if that is indeed fixed, who know what else could be broken this time.

I've been looking for some sort of changelog / release notes, and there's nothing to be found anywhere.

The last three times I updated, something or other got **bleep** up, and every time I failed to see any improvement anywhere. So why should I even upgrade? Is there any compelling reason anyone can give me?

3 Replies

Hi there @slug_camargo

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, we'll do our best to help you sort this out.

At the moment, we're not able to provide you with a changelog for the app's updates. However, we can confirm that it fixes the issue with the Local Files with special characters or non-English letters in their name.

Also, keep in mind that we don't support older versions of the app, so we can't guarantee its performance if you don't have the latest version. Since we're always trying to add new and better features to the app, it's best to keep it up to date.

If you're still facing issues with the desktop app, we'd highly recommend performing a clean reinstall. This is different than simply reinstalling and can be helpful to clear any cache that might be causing these issues. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

There needs to be a change log, Where can i find change logs to see what specifically changed when i update the app. 

So somebody at spotify doesn't want you to know how to disable updates and removed my earlier post
so here we go again

We wouldn't feel the need to do this if spotify made changelog available to us, its deeply suspect when ever anyone tries to conceal their changelog.

Give us the users a complete and accurate description of what is changed in each release and let us deciede if its worth upgrading to, Afterall we are the ones who own our machines - not spotify...
We are the ones paying spotify for a service and if spotify continues to do shifty things we will take our custom elsewhere.

Suggested posts