Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear queue button

Clear queue button

HEY, HERE'S A SUGGESTION!!! AFTER MORE THAN 1.5 YEARS MAYBE IT'S TIME TO ADD SUCH A RUDIMENTARY FUNCTION TO YOUR CLUSTER**bleep** OF A PLAYER???

I don't need any workarounds, especially since none work anymore. I don't want to start playing a new album or a new queue. I want to ___clear___ the darn playlist. How long does it take to code such a basic function? Ten minutes? Give me the source code and I'll add it before lunch for you, free of charge. Especially since you've made a conscious effort to disable the workaround that has worked in the previous version, you sadists.

13 Replies

Making a blank playlist then using the "Play" button at the top should still work (it does for me anyways).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

What's up with your reading comprehension? Didn't I just say I don't want any workarounds?

It doesn't work and hasn't been working for months.

Coding a button for this shouldn't take more than 30 minutes even if you work at Spotify. Well, let's be generous, an hour, tops. But I have seen threads about this back from 2012.

Hi there:

Because that is the way the app was designed to always have music loaded into the queue. The only way to clear it if something is stuck is to load a different playlist entirely or to create a blank playlist and add a really short song, maybe your favorite punk song that only runs for a few seconds as a work around as a clear button.  Loading a different playlist will reload a new play queue normally.

Are you trying to say that the app was designed to be as annoying to use as possible?

Let me be clear, because apparently my first post is still confusing for those on the left side of the bell curve:

NO WORKAROUNDS. NO DIFFERENT PLAYLISTS. NO SHORT PLAYLISTS.

I WANT TO CLEAR THE PLAYLIST.

Maybe you can help me out on this one, clearing the play queue is something I have always struggled to understand. If it should be a basic function etc aside, what is the reason you want to be able to clear the queue exactly? 

I will explain how I use Spotify and maybe it will open your eyes to something I am missing. So I select a playlist I want to listen to, which populates my play queue, then on top of that if I want to listen to a track "next" I queue that track (can be more than one - this works well apart from this bug which drives me insane). Once those tracks I queued manually are done, Spotify returns to playing what I had previously selected and if I want to play another playlist, I can also do that which will clear and then re-populate my queue with the new playlist. 

Not trying to start and argument or anything, just always personally been curious with this one and I can see you are pretty passionate about it so thought I would ask! (Bearing in mind I don't work for Spotify, so really I am powerless to do anything to change it!). 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My motives shouldn't matter, if I'm saying I want that button then it probably means I need it, but there you go:

- I want to queue a couple of albums and be able to delete or rearrange currently queued tracks freely - can't achieve that with playlists, so I need to 'queue' tracks, and if I can't clear the playlist beforehand, the crap that's been stuck there messes up the order/starts playing automatically after I run out of tracks

- I've been using any given music player that was made in this decade and curiously every single one has had that option

- If I want to play some music when I'm doing something else, and then just stop after it's done, it's impossible without clearing the playlist beforehand, because otherwise it will automatically queue whatever was playing before

All this could be mitigated if I could delete gray tracks (impossible for some inconceivable reason), rearrange them (also impossible), stop Spotify from adding crap I've just listened to to the playlist after it's done playing it (also impossible), clear the playlist manually, etc. etc. The player is full of completely unreasonable and counterintuitive design choices which leads me to believe it's being developed by a team of sadistic trolls with near-human intelligence. But I keep using it because it has the largest library among the services that I know of.

Ok I see and understand what you are wanting to do now. Although it does require a little work around, which you don't want to do, so would you like to be able to do this and have the abiltity to rearrange those songs in the queue but it does take a little workaround to do it?

Except the workarounds don't work because they've disabled all of them in the new version.

PS. I've just figured out how to clear the queue manually by using an extremely convoluted and annoying method. I'm not sharing it though so perhaps the ever so helpful team of spotify programmers doesn't disable it in the next update.

I think I'm going to bump this thread daily until:

a) I get a meaningful reply from a staff member

b) The issue is fixed.

Another day passed without any update on this.

Back to the top of the list with you.

Back to the top of the list.

Bumping this again, still hasn't been solved after years of waiting. The Spotify team don't know what they're doing. Incompetent and uncommunicative.

Suggested posts