Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Collaboration Question

Collaboration Question

I'm new to this, so please bear with me. But from the forums, help, and community, I cannot find the correct answer to this.

If I make a playlist collaborative, can it be limited to a single friend, or is this across all friends or whoever follows? I only want one friend to be able to have access to a particular playlist with the ability to update songs in it. I do not want everyone who follows me or who has access to my profile to be able to do the same.

So is this possible? Have I missed something? Please note, this is not the same as asking for multiple admins, and other posts have been closed under that pretense. This is a completely different question that I haven't seen posted yet.

Thanks

5 Replies

Hey @disneybuff2002

Don't worry about being new to this! 🙂
I found a pretty good guide that suggests that you can have just One Friend collaborate in the playlist and it's here - Tomsguide's "How to bollaborate on Spotify playlist".'

Hoping that it helps!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @disneybuff2002,

At this time it's not possible to create a Collaborative Playlist and grant only one of its followers the ability to add/remove songs. All followers are able to do it.

A workaround for this would be creating a Collaborative Playlist with this friend only (not sharing to anyone else) and then copying its content to a Public, not Collaborative playlist.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

@SebastVAIO

This is a public playlist.

Does this mean that if someone else that I don't know follows this, that they also will be able to make changes? I've already shared this with someone and they are following, but my only concern is whether someone else who randomly follows it will be able to make changes too.

Many thanks in advance.

@Bittencourt

That should be an option here, then. I already have it as a public playlist, but that doesn't grant somone the ability to update it. That's the whole issue for me. I want for one person...a friend...to be able to update but still leave it as public.

This seems like a huge oversight given that other sites allow this. It should be easy to allow friends/followers/etc permissions if you have sent them a link, and that seems relatively easy to do.

Hey @disneybuff2002,

I agree with you. There are some good ideas suggesting improvements on the Collaborative Playlists. This is one of them, which you might like:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Owner-controls-collaboration-playlist/idi-p/49229

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts