Collaborative Playlists: Questions & Answers/Solution

Plan

Free & Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Device

Any

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10, et cetera)

My Question or Issue

Can a private collaborative playlists be "vandalized" (edited without permission); can people who follow it, after clicking an embedded "play" button, still edit that playlists, or not? Maybe we can test that question, here.

You can make a public collaborative playlist; you just have to make it public, first. The problem with it being public, is that anyone can comes across it in their searches, by a link sent to them, or on a website. Then, they can edit, after following. Collaborative playlist were designed to share a playlist with who you chose, but what's the point if you can't choose to let everyone else enjoy it?

To solve this, there needs to be an invitation method similar to Google Docs's collaborative documents. After you click "Make Collaborative", there should be a window that pops up that allows you to put in the usernames or, if you choose, the e-mail addresses of the other people that you want to invite to collaborate on the playlist. Then, you can select "can edit" or "can view". The "can view" option would be for anytime that you want to share a collaborative playlist for people to listen to, only. This should share, directly through Spotify to those people, showing a notification, or showing the playlist on the homepage or in "Your Library", under "Collaboration" or "Invitation To Collaborate" (not invite (a verb) to collaborate). Anytime you chose one of the other sharing options, just the bar (like in Google Docs) with the view or edit option should pop up, above that particular application choice. Also, in this window, it should have the option to copy the link, the same as Google Docs does. This way, you can paste it and embed it, for other avenues of sharing.

Follow me

5 Replies

Hey @MadmanOnWheels, thanks for being part of the Community.

Great idea! See if others will support it as well.

If you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Thanks! 

Hey, LorenXK

I'm glad to be. Thanks. I also submitted this, as an idea, right after submitting this. I just wish I knew how to get it out there, better, on here. I don't get on Facebook, but if you shared it on there and wherever else, that would probably help. I need this to happen, soon, for an organization can post a playlist and not have it messed with, but still have it for others to enjoy. I hope you have a happy Independence day (date). Here's something that you might like, for tomorrow, of you have a cookout, or something.

https://open.spotify.com/user/madmanonwheels/playlist/1FtEHxhe7BPZuvVIpzpinl?si=Rxgd_mm0SDSQbj6zYoB7...

Follow me

Thank your for your kind words!

You could wish this to all US citizens by sharing this playlist on social medias as well as in the Playlist Exchange board!

I wished I was from US but I am not. Hope I will make it.

Thank you again for sharing it 🙂

Your welcome. Would you share this idea, though? Here is a link to the idea submission.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Social-Collaborative-Public-Playlist-quot-Vandalis...

Okay, I will hope that you make it. It's sad that people trying to do it, legally have a harder time than the people coming over, illegally. I wish you, good luck, as well. You might check out my other playlists. There's bound to be something that we all can relate to. What country are you from?

Follow me

Thank you for your kind words 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/0nGj4M2ti7sTIPXU5exaxD

Suggested posts