Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Different accounts have different formats?

Solved!

[Desktop] Different accounts have different formats?

I made a Spotify account for both my mom and I, and use hers when with her because it has her music preferences.  On her account, I can change playlist covers, make playlists collaborative, and add a description of them.  However, on my account, there is no option for any of these things which is extremely annoying.  I also cannot follow friends on my account or change the profile picture.  

I have checked all the setting for each account and they are virtually the same.

If anyone could tell me how to do these things on all accounts or how to change the format of an account I would greatly appreciate it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @supersquirrel1,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

It sounds like your account is on a new experience we're currently testing in the desktop app. We've shared some updates about this here.

This new update might be missing several features that used to be available on the desktop app, as you might have noticed - we understand is not ideal though. 

As we've mentioned in the thread above, in the upcoming weeks, you might continue to notice changes to the Desktop client - try restarting or logging out periodically to see these changes.

For now, we'd encourage you adding your +VOTE and feedback to these ideas about any features you're missing, as they help us get a good impression of what the Community is experiencing:

If you'd like, you can always start a new idea for any features that are not listed above. For more info, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

If you're curious on how your feedback reaches Spotify through the Idea Exchange, we'd also suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

Hope this info is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @supersquirrel1,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

It sounds like your account is on a new experience we're currently testing in the desktop app. We've shared some updates about this here.

This new update might be missing several features that used to be available on the desktop app, as you might have noticed - we understand is not ideal though. 

As we've mentioned in the thread above, in the upcoming weeks, you might continue to notice changes to the Desktop client - try restarting or logging out periodically to see these changes.

For now, we'd encourage you adding your +VOTE and feedback to these ideas about any features you're missing, as they help us get a good impression of what the Community is experiencing:

If you'd like, you can always start a new idea for any features that are not listed above. For more info, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

If you're curious on how your feedback reaches Spotify through the Idea Exchange, we'd also suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

Hope this info is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Thank you so much! This really helps me understand.

Glad to hear that @supersquirrel1 !

If there's anything else we can help with, let us know! We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🎶

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts