[Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: [Desktop] Lost Features, no friend tab, etc.

Music Fan
@Goodman dude I will never update Sptify again, you guys **bleep**ed with my trust in you, get lost in the web player
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi Goodman,
I think I understand what is happening here and why (developing so many different versions of the application must be insane), however, what kind of experiment is this? I don't see how there can be any A/B measurement of how the features are used, as the embedded web player doesn't do half of things the actual desktop app does, some of the most essential features are missing, there is no feedback dialog, no way to ask to be reverted back while giving reasons why, or to give some overal review of the app *in the damn app* (jeez, it looks like the actual React frontend loaded into Electron shell, you can do some stupid feedback form in that in one day tops).

This whole thing seems (pardon my conspiracy theorist hat here, but you gave me all the reasons to wear it) like experiment in how many people will complain, and if the loses caused by them cancelling the subscriptions are lower than expenses of having so many dev teams, then let it be it, switch everyone to embedded web player and save the resources (hopefully for further development of the web player).

And I wouldn't be opposing that in general, but the embedded web player just doesn't fulfill the minimum viable product requirements for music streaming service's default player. There are things missing, which even the damn Google-we are going to kill it soon-Play Music web player have (like YOU CAN SELECT MULTIPLE SONGS AT ONCE  AND MOVE THEM AROUND).

There is also the little problem, of alienating the kind of power users you want to have on your side, because these are the people other people ask "Which streaming service I should use?", and I doubt that any of the people in this thread is going to reply "Spotify" any time soon.

I switched to Spotify quite recently, wanting to move my whole family to it. Now I feel kind of stupid, because instead of mature product I could use on my main platform (desktop PC) I get some alpha version which just doesn't cut it for me.

OK, end of rant, I accidentally closed Spotify, so I need to reinstall it from exe file I downloaded from some moderately suspicious download site.

Have a nice day!

Highlighted

Regular
I really wish I can give you more than one like**bleep** is ridiculous, I already paid to move my whole library of music from another music streaming service to Spotify and now I regret it because I'll most surely won't use it anytime soon nor buy premium
Highlighted

Casual Listener
This is frankly terrible.
While other streaming services gain new features all the time, Spotify is removing basic things like local files, sorting, filtering, playlist covers, multi select, ...

I am fine with the idea of using the webplayer for a desktop app but ALL the functionality should be there before you force a half baked product on to paying customers, without any easy button to opt-out.

If this will not get reverted soon with an apology I will be going to another streaming service with our family.
Highlighted

Regular
Can anyone at Spotify answer this very straightforward question?

How does this update benefit me as a paying customer?

Fascinated to hear your answer. Thanks.
Highlighted
Solution!

Hey there folks,

We received valuable feedback during recent weeks and we are very grateful for that. 

The team will now take the time to analyze it together with the ideas proposed by the Community.

In the upcoming weeks, you'll continue to notice changes to the Desktop client - try restarting or logging out periodically to see these changes. At Spotify, we’re always testing new ways of improving the experience for our users. As with any of our tests, some could potentially make its way onto Spotify, while others are mainly aimed at capturing valuable insights.

Please continue to create Ideas and vote in the Community, this really helps us to understand what's most important to you and your listening experience.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Music Fan
Automatic reply. This guys are officially the worst company in the world
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
I am now terrorized as I have the notification of a new available update.

@Katerina is this normal to be that afraid for an awesome test deleting every interesting and useful functionabilities ?
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I just logged in and out. It's back to normal!! Weird sort of thing to test... 

Highlighted

Regular
bs ... nothing has changed , we are tired of this nonsense
SUGGESTED POSTS