Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Don't see Chromecast Audio in my device list on Spotify for PC

Solved!

Don't see Chromecast Audio in my device list on Spotify for PC

Are Spotify users able to cast music from Spotify software (Windows 8/10 PC), but I don't see my Chromecast Audio on my available device list.

I only see my 2 PC.

I tried on both my PC.

Could someone help me with this issue ?

Thanks.

P.S.:

I see ChromeCast Audio on my Android App.

119 Replies

I saw a post somewhere else that stated Google doesn't have or release the Chromecast .SDK for desktop so that is why. Wouldn't surprise me since Google and Microsoft are frenemies.

nope.. error 404 .. page not found.. this is a bull**bleep**ty way to deal spotify --- Slacker allows me to use my computer and OR phone with chromecast audio ...

Dear Spotify ..

I have been paying for Premium for over a year ...  I am also a huge advocate for Spotify with Facebook - HiFi Audio Streaming ...  and the many other streaming media sites...  but that might need to stop

I have several audio systems and use Google Chromecast Audio to get wireless play from any device to any of the 5 systems in my house or to group them together for whole house sound.

The inability to use the power of a desktop or laptop computer and have it send to wireless devices is complete and total BS... and this is some poor management planning.

The current solution – use my desktop to make a playlist – then use a dedicated tablet to send that playlist to Chromecast Audio ...

Plugging 2000 watts of audio directly into a headphone jack is not a smart idea... you ever hear “You’ve Got Mail” at 118db right in the middle of your favorite concert.

Slacker Premium requires no special app/program/interphase - it simply works... I can send playlist from ANY device (computer {Apple or PC}, Tablet or Phone) to ANY Wi-Fi receiving device...  this is a MUST...

I can’t imagine you don’t have a simple desktop web player or streaming channel... the ridiculously overly complex app you seem married too will be the undoing being taking seriously as a fun and useful streaming source...  you have turned yourselves into Photoshop – a bloated trying to do everything super program and pissing off users by making it too complex to use.

Dissapointing that Spotify hasn't added this to the desktop application.  I didn't realize this before purchasing the chromecast as it isn't really clear from the information from Spotify and Google.

Oh yes it is really bad spotify.. 

I have to start the streaming via my Android phone and then I see my chromecast audio via the sportiy on my desktop. 

It's not really user-friendly and I guess this way you can loose same customers...

one other solution that works really fine: use airfoil from rogueameoba for streaming. the latest update now supports chromecast as target device. works like a charme

currently only for mac, but the windows update is coming soon.

https://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/

I have the exact same issue and desperately need a fix or else I'll switch to one of the many other services out there.

Still not solved, sad.

Hello Spotify,

This is your desktop community speaking. This topic was started well over a year ago. The calender says 2017 right now. We can only imagine how hard this issue must be to solve since it takes so long. Please keep in mind customers pacience usually doesn't last untill the ends of time.

Get cracking on it and please do solve this issue soon.

Many thanks on behalf of everybody who wants to use Spotify on a Chromecast without being glued to a phone or tablet.

I agree... but i am guessing this is about license fees.. its not even
an issue of technology.. many other services have the ability to use CCA ..
and with the total silence from Spotify.. its about money..

I suggest Slacker .. works with CCA. Has a WAY better radio mode ..

Does everything you want it to do.. and works with CCA

I solved all of my problems by getting rid of my Chromecast.  Firestick and PS4 are way better anyways!!!  

Not even the same thing..

That’s not really a solution to the existing problem, right?

It’s like saying when the seat of your car is stuck in the highest position and you keep hitting your head against the roof that you bought a convertible and you always drive with the roof down and all is well now.

I'd like to add myself to the list requesting this and I agree Slacker has better radio functionality.  Looking for reasons to keeep Spotify Premium past the trial period.  

I have found an odd solution. Open up the web based Spotify in Google chrome. You can cast from there. The odd thing is if you open the Spotify stand alone client, it sees that you are using the web inteface and will let you control if fro the Spotify client.
I have found that Google chrome seems to drop a bit. I recently bought a cheap ethernet adapter that allows the Chromecast to connect to the ethernet network. This seems more reliable.

That doesn't work for me as the desktop app doesn't see the web player while casting.  That's not really a soluiton anyway.  I was trying to avoid the web player.

It seems like you can populate the device list by casting from your phone after it has stolen the stream from a desktop install. First I get the green bar at the bottom of the desktop app when my phone becomes the playback device. Then on my phone I cast to my chromecast audio or chromecast ultra which automatically updates the id of the device that is currently streaming in the device list in the desktop app. From then on I have total control through the desktop spotify app of a stream that's going through my chromecast audio. 

And I get to flip the high quality audio switch which makes me feel good. 

I guess i can cancel premium, got Chromecast to use with Spotify from my PC!

You can cancel premium and then get the ads and lower quality streams. 😉

if you re-install chromecast or change chromecasts wifi connection after you installing spotify, spotify looses the connection to it and cannot retrieve, i guess this is a bug, fastest solution is to reinstall the app alternativaly you can cast via chrome browser

Suggested posts