Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Don't see Chromecast Audio in my device list on Spotify for PC

Solved!

Don't see Chromecast Audio in my device list on Spotify for PC

Are Spotify users able to cast music from Spotify software (Windows 8/10 PC), but I don't see my Chromecast Audio on my available device list.

I only see my 2 PC.

I tried on both my PC.

Could someone help me with this issue ?

Thanks.

P.S.:

I see ChromeCast Audio on my Android App.

119 Replies

Not a nice solution, but it works without having to reach to my phone:

1. Open Spotify Web Player and stream to Chromecast.
  2. Open Spotify Mac App and stream to Spotify Web Player.
  3. Enjoy!

No I won't get and lower quality streams or ads once uninstalled!

Hi,

I solved the issue by starting the spotify app on chromecast by starting it on the phone.

After that my spotify app on desktop can see it as a source now. I am listening it on right now 🙂

Starting it with your phone and hijacking it with your desktop is not a
fix.. ...

I cannot believe this post was made years ago and there is still no solution to something very basic and much needed. Please add PC support for chromecast!

100% agree! I have been waiting for over 2 years for Spotify to provide desktop support. 

... Audio breaks up - too many links in the chain.

Timeto look for an alternative to Spotify?

Slacker.. better features.. works with Chromecast Audio.. better radio
mix

##- Please type your reply above this line -

^^^ Re Slacker

US only.. 

This solution works. But it creates the problem of Chromecast audio sound dropping (unless you switch off your phone after using it to detect the Chromecast).  

I was trying to avoid that.   

As long as Spotify doesn't allow a direct connection between the pc and the chromecast audio this will keep running into issues.

• Thanks. The going thru the phone 1st worked for me. I am frustrated bcs I have 2 receivers.  The newer one is blue tooth enabled and I can play directly to it.  The older receiver controls the speakers that are throughout my house and the one I REALLY want to play music through.  I have a Chromecast audio plugged into it.  For years I used my Nexus tablet to play to it and everything worked fine.   And it works fine playing from my phone.  But my tablet died.  I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop and wanted to play from it.  But the older receiver would not show up in Spotify's list of available devices (the newer receiver does) using Spotify on my laptop.  Using your method of going to the phone first and then to laptop is working.  It shouldn't be this difficult.  Come on Spotify!

I agree, canceled mine and moved on. Lot of other options out there and I don't have to play with my phone or tablet when i'm sitting at my desktop 15' away from my stereo set up.

Yes, but searches are much more limited on this browser site compared to the desktop app or mobile app.  For example, search for Patti Griffin and you get tracks and playlists, but not albums.  Or am I missing something?

Same problem for me. Going through the phone first works but you'd have to do it everytime if you're running spotify on Linux. It's frustrating. Please fix. Thanks.

You can start casting from your mobile - once the app is started on Chromecast your desktop player will see it through Spotify Connect and it will work as usual.

I could understand if Google prefers to prevent or delay helping to connect Spotify to Chromecast the in interest of their own music streaming service, all though this would be just bad play in my opinion.

What bothers me more is that Spotify still instructs on their website that we can connect to chrome cast via LAPTOP, without mentioning the workaround to initiate a connection first via mobile, although they are demonstrating it! 

Why not be more transparent and clear with your customers, even in a fun way, just tell us. Don't be afraid of losing potential customers over it, you will keep customers happy and get more that way, for sure.

https://www.spotify.com/ie/chromecast/

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 18.42.11.png

@markusd1984 I totally support this, just mentioning this solution for now if anyone needs. I also find it a "missing feature" least to say.

P.S. I was wondering why this time around I couldn't connect even with my mobile Spotify app even though it was showing my Chromecast!

Until I realised I was in Offline mode 😄 One would expect it still to work though, especially if it lists the Chromecast available, perhaps just a bug.

My only solution for this **bleep** issue is i have to reset my router every one or two days.  this is a spotify issue.  I can go on slacker, youtube, any other software and it finds the chromecast NP.  Very frustrating.  ONLY reason i went premium was so i could cast to Chromecast Audio.  Spotify is losing me amongst its other annoying glitches....

This definitely works. But it's not the same as casting from the phone app. For this, the audio goes to your PC and then is rebroadcast to the speaker. It's not as high quality nor as smooth (sometimes there were brief pauses) as using the phone app.

Suggested posts