After the latest automatic update (20181129) spotify can't start. The usual fix didn't solve it either.
Usually everytime when spotify doesn't start after an upgrade I run the below script
( you can copy below text and open notepad and paste text and save the file as spotifyfix.bat.)
echo -Spotify Fix
echo Run this script as Administrator
echo Closing open Spotify processes...
taskkill /f /im spotify*
echo Copying updated files to executable location...
xcopy "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Spotify" "C:\Program Files"\Spotify /i /s /r /y /D
echo Starting Spotify...
start "" "C:\Program Files"\Spotify\Spotify.exe"
Today, that didn't work.
1. I uninstalled spotify and removed everything from %appdata% and searched C:\ drive for any spotify files (paths: C:\users\username\appdata\local,C:\users\username\appdata\roaming).
2. Restart Computer
3. Downloaded the spotifyfullsetup.exe and placed it on my D Drive.
4. Ran the installer from D drive and Error Code 18 or 53, "files are used by another process or application"
5. Removed all the spotifydata(%appdata%) again after the failed installation.
6. Copied the installer spotifyfullsetup.exe to the C drive
7. Ran the installer again this time from C drive and then Error Code 17 -> Pressed OK-> Started the Spotifyfixer.bat and the Spotify started OK again.
My Question or Issue
The only way to install spotifyfullsetup.exe successfully is to put on C Drive otherwise Error Code 18 or 53 shows?
Also, I wonder how much time the spotify users are struggling with this......why use the %appdata% folder if so many of us has issues with running it from that location?