Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 8

My Spotify app on home PC stated it was not connected to the internet. I therefore uninstalled and reinstalled but now recive the attached error when logging in (Service is unavailable, please try again later Error code:2).  As well as this I am also no longer able to browse to any Spotify URL e.g https://www.spotify.com. I have tried from multiple browsers and also under other user profiles on the same machine and get the same error (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT).

I can also confirm I have tried the following troubleshooting steps without success;

- Turned off local FW and all AV scanning

- Recreated local hosts file

- Restarted local router

- Cleared all browser caches

- Tried under another local user profile on same PC. 

- Tested a sepparte 4g internet connection

- Confirmed this issue does not exist on other devices on the same home network (Windows 10 laptop, IOS IPad and IPhone).

I find it bazzar how my machine has somehow become "blacklisted". It makes no sense that none of the above steps have resolved.  I note other users out there who have seen similar behavour but no diffinitive resolution in any cases.

Does anyone have any advice? In my opinion Spotify should know the cause of this by now given they know exactly what their app is doing to make the connection.  

Thanks

Ben

Capture.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@sebasty so I have finally resolved this!!

After stepping through every other possible solution I just happened to check the dns configuration on my network adaptor and the problem revealed itself instantly.  I had a non-stand dns server specified for another service I been utilising some time back and completely forgot about. As soon and I removed and flushed my dns everything worked again. 

Even though I was going crazy these are the solutions I like becuase they make logical sense and justify the sometimes thankless task of basic trial and error troubleshooting.

Thanks again for you suggestions as I worked though this one. Hopefully this might come in useful for someone else in the furture.

Cheers

Ben 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @bendy17

Thank you for letting me know what you have tried. 🙂

It's odd indeed.

I'd suggest checking out this Windows Club article on what else you can try.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @sebasty,

I took your advise and ready through that article.  All those steps have been taken and I still have the same issue. It's driving me mad.

@bendy17

Do you have any add-ons on your browsers?

You can also double-check your hosts and while it's clean, lock the file up so it can't be edited:

1. Open File Explorer, navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

2. Right-click on hosts, select Properties.
3. In General tab under Attributes add a checkmark to "read-only". Click OK.

Let me know what happens. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

@sebasty so I have finally resolved this!!

After stepping through every other possible solution I just happened to check the dns configuration on my network adaptor and the problem revealed itself instantly.  I had a non-stand dns server specified for another service I been utilising some time back and completely forgot about. As soon and I removed and flushed my dns everything worked again. 

Even though I was going crazy these are the solutions I like becuase they make logical sense and justify the sometimes thankless task of basic trial and error troubleshooting.

Thanks again for you suggestions as I worked though this one. Hopefully this might come in useful for someone else in the furture.

Cheers

Ben 

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Device

(iPhone 8/PC)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I am unable to access the pc program using the apple account with which I registered. When you try to login to your account, the message "error code auth 2" appears.

Hey there @Egor_master,

Welcome to the Community!

Right now, signing in with AppleID is only available on iOS devices. In order to log in on the Windows Desktop app you'd need to use your username or AppleID email address and password you chose when signing up. You can have a look at this article for more info on logging in if you haven't set a password when registering. 

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have a great day!

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ксения, здравствуйте, дело в том, что при входе на сайте я использую почту от Apple ID и пароль. Когда я пытаюсь ввести те же данные в приложении на ПК, выходит сообщение "Неправильный логин или пароль", "Ошибка auth:2". Я смотрел на одно из возможных решений данной проблемы - очистка кэша dns и перезагрузка ПК, но мне это не помогло. Может быть имеет значение, что, когда я заходил в браузере на сайт, я использовал VPN.

Также при попытке входа в приложение мне приходит на почту сообщение, что кто-то пытается зайти в мой аккаунт(это я и есть).

Hello again @Egor_master,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Hope you don't mind me replying in English 🙂

We can see that you went through a lot of troubleshooting steps already, but it looks like the app cannot connect to the internet for some reason.

Don't worry - There are a few more things you can try to get this to work listed in the Status Update here

Also if you have any Proxies or VPN enabled try to temporarily turn those off to see if that makes a difference. 

Let us know how you get on. We'll be right here if you need more help with this!

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts