Premium

Country

Canada

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

I have so fedup of having this error code 12. I have unistalled Spotify, did a CCleaner, removed old files, have enough space on the computer to install Spotify, deleted any other files relating to Spotify and tried to install all over again Spotify and this error code 12 comes up saying I don't have enough space....but I DO! So trying to reach out again to the community to ask for help. Thank you

6 Replies

Hey @_hvf-jg2c7lbg.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we're here to help 🙂

Could you give us a bit more info about this error? When does it appear? If you could send us a screenshot of the error, that would be really useful too.

In any case, do you mind trying a clean reinstall of the desktop app following these steps? That tends to fix many common issues our users have.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need further help with this 😉

Hi Peter, I will send a pic and I also tried so many things to load the
app. I ve uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Curious to know what is a
clean reinstall?

Hello Peter, spotify haws been uninstalled but when I go to reinstall it, it says I do not have enough memory space to install the app. I have plenty of memory therefore what might be the issue?

Thank you

Erika

Hey @_hvf-jg2c7lbg 

It's an odd message!

Do you happen to have more than one hard drive, for example one drive for OS and programs and the other for files?

If yes, could you check if both of your hard drives have enough space (I would recommend at least 1GB).

Spotify app is often installed on the 'main' drive which is the one with OS and programs.

Also, how much memory (RAM) do you have? I'd recommend you open up Resource Monitor, open the Memory tab and see how much is available.

I would love to see a screenshot of this error you're having!

Also, did this start recently or has it always been happening?

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Good day, thank you for the reply. 🙂 I don't have more than one drive and
I have 4G of Ram but 3.46 usable yet on my Ressource Monitor, It states
that I have only 200 MB free of space. Could it be that I have too much
Bloatware?

[image: image.png]

@_hvf-jg2c7lbg

I have the same amount of RAM and about the same amount of free memory (~200MB). Looks good to me.

It would be an issue if you had no free physical memory. It would usually manifest in slow PC or probably even a bsod, if that's the case.

I'd suggest the following:

Uninstall Spotify, restart the PC and try installing this offline installer .

Let me know how that goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts