Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Export Playlist / Backup

Solved!

Export Playlist / Backup

I didn't want to put this in the New Idea section, as I am not really suggesting a new idea.

I started deleting a lot of the mp3s off of my computer in favor of just listening to the same songs over Spotify.  I needed the extra hard drive space because I still have a Windows XP computer.

I have no use for listening to music offline as I only have a desktop computer and can't currently even burn CDs with this lousy PC.  I can't afford Spotify Premium anyway and have no devices to listen to it on.

I wanted to know if there was any way to make a backup of the Spotify playlists.  I was thinking of a simple playlist file that could be exported to your computer as backup.  I have noticed a lot topics on here having to do with playlists accidentally being deleted or disappearing and it has made me nervous.  I don't want that to happen to me now that I have begun migrating to Spotify and away from mp3s.

92 Replies

SpotMyBackup keeps halting when the 75th playlist counter is reached:

http://prntscr.com/egca9a

How can I overcome this?

Hi, thank you for that easy and  quick tool. Is there an possibility to export the length of the songs too ? It should be really usefull, especially for dancers... 😉

Good to know, thanks for the tip!!

So my question is, can I do it the other way around? 

For example, I have a list of my playlist backup in excel and I want to share with my family, is there any way they can directly drag the link to their Spotify without going to the web link every single one?

Thanks!

You can only edit the Account you are logged into with your Browser.

Hi thanks for the SpotMyBackup link - this is exactly what I need. When I try, however, to click the 'export' button I just get the windows loading icon 'rotating disc' indefinately. might you have a suggestion on how I can get it to work? thanks

Hi, look into the developer console (F12). You might see an error which will help to identify what went wrong.

I used Soundiiz and was able to export between the 2 without a sweat. Totally worth $4.50. Neither spotify nor google gives a ***** about you in the name of $$$. Shame on both of them.

I export to Excel by selecting all the songs in a playlist and dragging them to Excel. I like this better than running scripts or making anything public. Works with Spotify 1.0.60.492.gbb40dab8 on Windows 10 and Excel 2010.

It says you are missing a client token and in the URL it states "YOUR_CLIENT_TOKEN_HERE"

Thanks for sharing the export app. I was able to successfuly export my playlists from one spotify account but the app doesn't allow me to import it. When I click on Import Playlists it only allows for iTunes import.

Please advise if I'm doing something wrong.

Don't know if you sorted but one way is to go to the playlist , copy the URL , then email to who ever you wish.

They click on link and your playlist opens in their browser

Keith

Awesome! Thanks!

Joel, your a WIZARD.  Thank you, thank you!!!

Spoke a little too fast.  Have over 400 songs in one of my playlists.  Only created a .CSV with 100 songs in it.

Suggested posts