Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook feed not updating despite being linked to Facebook!

Solved!

Facebook feed not updating despite being linked to Facebook!

Hello Spotify Community!

I have this issue where my Facebook feed is not appearing in the Activity section of the Spotify Desktop App.

On the top right of my Spotify Desktop App, it came up as my Spotify account name instead of my Facebook account name, but this was last night and it seems to have fixed itself now.

Now I recently had to change my Facebook password just a few days ago due to an issue with the Facebook Messenger application. However, I did so whilst my Facebook account was still linked to my Spotify account.

Here is an image of the issue that I am still seeing:

Profile Name Issue.PNG

And by "No facebook feed", I mean that my Facebook friends are not appearing where "Filtr Sweden" is. So overall, my Spotify profile page is fine, but I still need the above issue sorted.

FeroxxHusker

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ahah! ~ Now here's what I thought it could have been. Just today I disconnected my FB Account and left it like that for approximately 7 and a half hours. I then closed the App, re-opened the App, and confirmed that it was completely disconnected.

Next, I reconnected my FB account then re-closed the App, re-opened the App again and PING! My FB Friends appear! o_O

Also, I just unfollowed the user that was appearing as their ID number under the "Activity" section and followed another user instead and PING! No more numbers! 😄

Now I just re-connected my FB account so I will keep you guys posted if anything goes wrong later on. And once again, thank you so much for all your assistance so far! 😄

FeroxxHusker

Edit: It's all back up and running now. Thanks for all your guys support, and sorry for the hastle. 🙂

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hey @Oruyzain 🙂 

If you have a Spotify username which you set when you registered, you can try disconnecting and reconnecting to Facebook from Edit > Preferences > Social Network and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey there Peter.

Unfortunately I just tried that and it has made no difference what so ever. It is still saying my Facebook name on the top right and on my profile page, but there is still no feed from my Facebook friends under the Activity section and the profile names are still appearing as numbers. 😞

These were the steps that I took:

Disconnected from Facebook > Logged out of Spotify then closed the App > Opened up the App and logged back into Spotify > Reconnected Facebook > Logged back out of Spotify then closed the App > Then finally opened the App again and logged back into Spotify.

FeroxxHusker

How long ago did you do that? 

Sometimes it can take a while for the servers to play catch up.

Peter

Peter

It was about 2 days ago that I reset my FB password whilst having my Facebook account linked to my Spotify account. And at the time I did so I completely forgot to disconnect FB from Spotify before I did reset the password. I then realised this issue was happening since yesterday.

Also, I tried disconnecting and reconnecting FB with Spotify just last night and left myself completely logged out of Spotify overnight. And when I logged back into Spotify 11 and a half hours later, it came up with my FB name on my profile and on the top right of the App, but the profile names appearing under the Activity section are still coming up as numbers and my FB friends isn't appearing under that section any more.

I even tried uninstalling and re-installing Spotify, but that hasn't helped either.

FeroxxHusker

I'd give it another day to see if it corrects itself - if not we can troubleshoot further. 

Peter

Peter

Alrighty Peter! ~ I will inform you tomorrow if it has fixed itself or not. I appreciate your help and support buddy! ~ ^^

FeroxxHusker

Hello again Peter. I have just logged back into Spotify and still no Facebook feed.

FeroxxHusker

Also, take a look at your own Facebook activity log and check that current plays are appearing.

I can verify that the activity feed is working, or more accurately, friends are appearing there.  And followed artists.  Nothing Is appearing on the "Find Friends" page and hasn't for a while.  Version 0.9.4.169.gc0399df6.

Right. I checked my own Facebook Activity Feed from Spotify and it is updating as normal, so I can confirm that my Spotify account is linked to my Facebook account.

But I still don't know why my Facebook friends are not appearing under the Activity section of the Desktop App, and the profile names which also appear under that section are still showing as numbers. I find it unusual that this is happening simply because I reset my Facebook password whilst it was still linked to my Spotify account!

So would it be best if I just E-Mail Spotify themselves, post the issue on their Twitter support page, or alternatively keeping my Facebook account disconnected from my Spotify account for a day or two then re-connect my Facebook account and wait for it to completely sync itself with my Spotify account again?

FeroxxHusker

You can either email them or tweet @SpotifyCares and they will be more than willing to help you out 😉 

It is very strange, I've changed my Facebook password many times and never had this issue! 

Peter

Peter

I've noticed that it can take up to a day with the software running for the acct numbers to magically transform themselves into user names, and regardless of which version of Spotify you're using.

Well all I can say is that it should have fixed itself by now. And I Tweeted @SpotifyCares and they said to do a fresh installation, but I already tried that multiple times.

Also, I forgot to say that I am using 2 computers at the same time and they are both doing the same thing. It's rediculous that this should happen simply because I reset my FB password...

Hi FeroxxHusker - Let's see if we can do some more troubleshooting here. 

I've just done a bit of behind-the-scenes maintenance. Could you confirm you're signing in with your Spotify username and not your email address? 

That activity has worked just fine for you in the past? Could you also confirm your OS and app version if you're still having trouble? Thanks!

I have always been signing in using my Spotify username and password.

The OS's I am currently using is Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 8 Pro which are both x64 bit.

My FB friends and their activity feed, and the Spotify activity feed under the "Activity" section of the Desktop App were working perfectly fine until it started happening on Tuesday 1st October 2013. And I did reset my FB password on either Sunday 29th September / Monday 30th September 2013.

Current Spotify App Version: 0.9.4.178.g259772ba

FeroxxHusker

Marked as solution

Ahah! ~ Now here's what I thought it could have been. Just today I disconnected my FB Account and left it like that for approximately 7 and a half hours. I then closed the App, re-opened the App, and confirmed that it was completely disconnected.

Next, I reconnected my FB account then re-closed the App, re-opened the App again and PING! My FB Friends appear! o_O

Also, I just unfollowed the user that was appearing as their ID number under the "Activity" section and followed another user instead and PING! No more numbers! 😄

Now I just re-connected my FB account so I will keep you guys posted if anything goes wrong later on. And once again, thank you so much for all your assistance so far! 😄

FeroxxHusker

Edit: It's all back up and running now. Thanks for all your guys support, and sorry for the hastle. 🙂

Suggested posts