Facebook feed not updating despite being linked to Facebook!

Solved!

Re: Facebook feed not updating despite being linked to Facebook!

Peter__
Community Legend

You can either email them or tweet @SpotifyCares and they will be more than willing to help you out ;) 

It is very strange, I've changed my Facebook password many times and never had this issue! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Rollo_
Roadie

I've noticed that it can take up to a day with the software running for the acct numbers to magically transform themselves into user names, and regardless of which version of Spotify you're using.

Highlighted

Oruyzain
Music Fan

Well all I can say is that it should have fixed itself by now. And I Tweeted @SpotifyCares and they said to do a fresh installation, but I already tried that multiple times.

Also, I forgot to say that I am using 2 computers at the same time and they are both doing the same thing. It's rediculous that this should happen simply because I reset my FB password...

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi FeroxxHusker - Let's see if we can do some more troubleshooting here. 

I've just done a bit of behind-the-scenes maintenance. Could you confirm you're signing in with your Spotify username and not your email address? 

That activity has worked just fine for you in the past? Could you also confirm your OS and app version if you're still having trouble? Thanks!

Oruyzain
Music Fan

I have always been signing in using my Spotify username and password.

The OS's I am currently using is Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 8 Pro which are both x64 bit.

My FB friends and their activity feed, and the Spotify activity feed under the "Activity" section of the Desktop App were working perfectly fine until it started happening on Tuesday 1st October 2013. And I did reset my FB password on either Sunday 29th September / Monday 30th September 2013.

Current Spotify App Version: 0.9.4.178.g259772ba

FeroxxHusker

Solution!

Oruyzain
Music Fan

Ahah! ~ Now here's what I thought it could have been. Just today I disconnected my FB Account and left it like that for approximately 7 and a half hours. I then closed the App, re-opened the App, and confirmed that it was completely disconnected.

Next, I reconnected my FB account then re-closed the App, re-opened the App again and PING! My FB Friends appear! o_O

Also, I just unfollowed the user that was appearing as their ID number under the "Activity" section and followed another user instead and PING! No more numbers! :D

Now I just re-connected my FB account so I will keep you guys posted if anything goes wrong later on. And once again, thank you so much for all your assistance so far! :D

FeroxxHusker

Edit: It's all back up and running now. Thanks for all your guys support, and sorry for the hastle. :)

SUGGESTED POSTS