Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Firefox Web Player] Spotify tab loads endlessly after a while

[Firefox Web Player] Spotify tab loads endlessly after a while

Plan

Free

Country

Norway

Device

HP Pavilion

Operating System

Windows 10

Whenever I open a new Spotify tab, it loads. But if I leave it inactive for too long, it starts an endless gray scroll wheel which doesn't fix no matter what I do. Re-inputting the URL, reloading, etc. Nothing. The only thing that helps is to create a new tab and open open.spotify.com, at which point it loads weirdly quickly and works as normal until I leave it and it does the same thing again.

4 Replies

Hey @ayaledoggeth,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

Could you please check if the issue persists while using a different browser? Since you normally use Mozilla, try with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. 

We'd also recommend checking for a pending update on your browser. Steps for Mozilla Firefox - > Click on the menu button > select Help > About Firefox. Firefox will check for updates automatically. If an update is available, it will be downloaded.

It's important to relaunch your browser if the update is installed, even better - try restarting your computer. 

If the above doesn't help, we'd suggest testing this with a different account. If a friend or a family member has a Spotify account - it'll be great to ask them to log in on your computer and test if they'll be able to reproduce this behavior.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Restarting computer - issue persists

Firefox is up to date

Issues persist over multiple browsers. Chrome, too, has the classic "unresponsive" web browser. Play/Pause button displays as if playing, timebar doesn't tick; just frozen where you left it, and won't play another song. Nothing plays on Chrome. 🙃

Same issue as above on Firefox; it's more often now, and more random, just decides to not play anymore with small glitches of ending playback on occasion. This is really irritating.

Tried another account, this one Premium; works perfectly. Kinda suspicious, if you ask me. 👀

I've got this annoying thing happening where, perhaps one in five times I try and open it, the website just will not load my account. The sidebar will be fine, and I can click on search, home, liked, my playlists, etc. but either nothing will happen or I'll get a "search for something else?" popup. Usually it goes away after I close and reopen the page a few times, but it's still annoying.

Suggested posts