Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Flac Support

Solved!

Flac Support

will spotify be upgrading to flac support soon? and streaming in flac for higher quality music? if so spotify would be a leader in sound quality and would set it apart from other competitors. please consider this.

212 Replies

FLAC please!

Another huge vote for FLAC here.

I believe it's oneway road; mp3s were developed in an era of dial-up 56kbit internet lines, nowdays things are much different. I'm actually quite surprised Spotify goes down to 160kbit mp3 audio ! 

I'm using quality streaming for Spotify, still however i would greatly prefer FLAC streaming, even if it ment to pay a bit extra.

Alex 

I would pay 4xpremium for flac support. Doesnt have to be streaming, just save->play. I would even pay 5x if you could have your own playback plugins like in foobar

Then call me the 1% and take my money 🙂 I'd have no problem dropping double per month for flac support. It would beat carrying 100's of GB's in files back and forth between work and home.

I've decided to quite protify premium for this reason.

Not only i want loosless format, But i'm recently listening only to Hi-res audio.

I can tell you, it does make a difference.

Wake up Spotify !

It is time to Spotify to make a move towards FLAC, since now Deezer is coming to US and is offering Deezer Elite with FLAC support.

I don't need FLAC Streaming in Spotify. What I need is a unified player for streaming playlists but as well playing my local lossless audio, so I don't have to switch the audio player. So please just modify the client for FLAC support, you don't have to stream lossless audio.

Thanks!

I'm audiophile and I stream music from spotify premium on my Naim Mu-so. Indeed, WE NEED HI-RES FILES NOW  and Spotify will just be perfect!!!  MP3 is just for kids nowadays. PLEASE !!!

Think competitors...Deezer Elite, Quobuz, Tidal....Time to move and fast!

Totally agree and I have the same sentiment...

Yer can we please get Flac on Spotify.. Like other people have said I would be happy to pay a little more for that service.. Just make it happen guys 🙂 

People!

The Sound of all music on Spotify is the same. All sound is the same that can hear everyboddy. But in real it isn't so! Some People are audiophiles and this guys can hear the differnce!

I think I go to an other streamingprovidor, witch give me HD-Sound (Flac, WAV or what elese) but if all the Hi-Fi-man's do so too, Spotifiy have 0,1% customers, witch go out from Spotify, That are mutch money..perhaps spotify cam to us and give is guys Flac...?

I would gladly pay extra for high bitrate flac streaming. Tidal is very temping right now, but I love spotify. Please don't make me switch.

Yes, 24 bit FLAC support please and not tomorrow but now!

The thing I totally dislike is Spotify not joining the conversation and leave everybody in the dark. Come on Spotify, SPEAK!

With their new partnership with naim I would have thought flac would be on the agenda

FLAC Support would be amazing.

I just scanned my Nas with spotify and am surprised to see it can't play my flac files. I guess I deserve it for being too lazy to turn on mpd and music gear.

I'm not going to renew my Spotify Premium because of it.

Deezer Elite launches today.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/10/deezer-elite-streaming-service-sonos.

I may have to jump ship.

I heard a rumor that Spotify was toying with idea of adding a lossless service in the future. I hope that those of us who have been with Spotify for so long will be given a discount on such a service.

They have integrated with naim so am hoping that they will get on and do this...

Suggested posts