Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Why a few titles are not available (in grey) on PC and available on iPhone?

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceiPhone 6S, PCOperating SystemiOS 12, Windows 10 My Question or IssueA few titles appear in grey (not available) on Spotify on PC (impossible to listen them). And those titles appear correctly on Spotify app on iPhone and...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country France Device iPhone 6S, PC Operating System iOS 12, Windows 10   My Question or Issue A few titles appear in grey (not available) on Spotify on PC (impossible to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sonos spotify
    Troubleshooting
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists have been deleted

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI uninstalled and then reinstalled the web version of Spotify for entirely separate reasons and got rid of the Windows Store version. The web version seemed to be working ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country USA Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I uninstalled and then reinstalled the web version of Spotify for entirely separate reasons and got ri...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Select podcasts not playing on Desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(PC)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueOnly select podcasts I listen to will play. However most of my podcasts will not play. Anything that is a Parcast will not play and some other ones as well. The...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device (PC) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Only select podcasts I listen to will play. However most of my podcasts will not pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts will not play on desktop or mobile device

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceWindows Desktop, and iPhone XROperating SystemWindows 10 on Desktop, iOS 12.4 on iPhone My Question or IssuePodcasts will not play on either desktop or on my iphone. Music plays fine on both, even music that is not downloade...

• Plan Premium Country US Device Windows Desktop, and iPhone XR Operating System Windows 10 on Desktop, iOS 12.4 on iPhone   My Question or Issue Podcasts will not play on either desktop...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bring back old spotify UI

Please bring back Spotify's old UI where we can sort artists without following them. I liked the songs of hundreds and hundreds of artists and I don't want to follow any of them. This UI change is the worst update yet. At least make this change optio...

• Regular
  • Please bring back Spotify's old UI where we can sort artists without following them. I liked the songs of hundreds and hundreds of artists and I don't want to follow any of them. This UI change is th...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Desktop app not remaining on same display when minimized

Description:When the Spotify app is minimized on Windows 10 with taskbars that are not the same across multiple displays, it automatically moves to the main taskbar instead of staying on the taskbar assigned to the display it was previously showing o...

• Visitor
  • Description: When the Spotify app is minimized on Windows 10 with taskbars that are not the same across multiple displays, it automatically moves to the main taskbar instead of staying on the taskba...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Go to Playlist radio" using artists and songs from all my playlists since last update.

I've noticed that since the last couple updates, when I use the "Go to Playlist Radio" function, the generated radio will pick songs from all my playlists, which usually are very genre specific. The worst offender was one of the songs of my Heavy Met...

• Visitor
  • I've noticed that since the last couple updates, when I use the "Go to Playlist Radio" function, the generated radio will pick songs from all my playlists, which usually are very genre specific. &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Discovering New Music useless - no DISLIKE button!!??

For me, the whole point of listening to a Spotify "New Music..." playlist created by Spotify is that you can hear stuff you did not specifically choose, and can see if you like something new. Spotify have removed the ability to do this because there ...

• Gig Goer
  • For me, the whole point of listening to a Spotify "New Music..." playlist created by Spotify is that you can hear stuff you did not specifically choose, and can see if you like something new.  ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 36 likes

Blocking artist

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy is it impossible to block artists? I have noticed some times when I'm playing radio, I get an option to block a song. If I'm lucky I even get to block artist, but in 90% of t...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why is it impossible to block artists? I have noticed some times when I'm playing radio, I get an option t...
  • tyler_u
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • block artist
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Clear full liked songs library

PlanPremiumCountryCzechDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Hello,is possible once remove all liked songs from "Liked songs library"? I have thousands of songs that I didn't add. Thanks.Tom

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   Hello, is possible once remove all liked songs from "Liked songs library"?&n...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I sort the artists page alphabetically WITHOUT following them?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy do I have to follow an artist in order to sort them alphabetically on that page? I have hundreds of artists in my library. I don't want to go through all of them, and I pe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why do I have to follow an artist in order to sort them alphabetically on that page? I have hundred...
  • kvino006
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Is there a way to increase the size of the volume slider?

Increasing the size of the volume slider would allow me to be more precise when setting the volume. Thanks

• Increasing the size of the volume slider would allow me to be more precise when setting the volume.   Thanks 🙂
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback randomly pauses

PlanPremiumCountryCZDeviceYamaha R-N803DOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe very same problem as described in Spotify Connect BrokenAfter few hours, music pauses and can be resumed. Problem then happens more often.Spotify Windows Store...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country CZ Device Yamaha R-N803D Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The very same problem as described in Spotify Connect Broken After few hours, mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound quality issue

I continue to have an issue with Spotifys audio quality and I think I found the source of the problem in Spotifys mastering process. It would be greatly appreciated if an employee that actually knows the details could give a bit more insight. About a...

• Casual Listener
  • I continue to have an issue with Spotifys audio quality and I think I found the source of the problem in Spotifys mastering process. It would be greatly appreciated if an employee that actually knows...
  • CHandler22
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Transferring local tracks

This may be confusing but: I had a main computer with some offline tracks which I have included on my spotify playlists which have synced to my android phone too. Now that I've bought a new main computer, should I remove all the local tracks from spo...

• Regular
  • This may be confusing but:   I had a main computer with some offline tracks which I have included on my spotify playlists which have synced to my android phone too.    Now that I'v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to dislike track

PlanPremiumDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI'm new to Spotify, coming from Google Play Music. There, I could dislike a track, something I'd like to do here too. I'm using the windows desktop app to start track/playlist radios b...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm new to Spotify, coming from Google Play Music. There, I could dislike a track, something I'd like to do here...
  • zoltane
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Oooops, something went wrong with the playback

PlanPremiumCountryUSOperating SystemChrome/Windows 10 My Question or IssueFlashplayer and Chrome are both updated but spotify will still not play on the web player (I cannot use the app). Any solution will be appreciated!

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Operating System Chrome/Windows 10   My Question or Issue Flashplayer and Chrome are both updated but spotify will still not play on the web player (I cannot use ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts will not play

I was listening to a podcast on my phone this morning, walked into work and wanted to continue listening and now, not a single podcast will play on my computer. I can play songs on my computer, but I cannot play any podcast. I have logged out of my d...

• Casual Listener
  • I was listening to a podcast on my phone this morning, walked into work and wanted to continue listening and now, not a single podcast will play on my computer.  I can play songs on my computer,...
  • or50323
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Everything syncs except liked songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicesiPhone6s & HP Probook LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have spotify on my phone and on my laptop. Everything syncs correctly EXCEPT liked songs. Deleting playlists, moving the order, adding and removin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Devices iPhone6s & HP Probook Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have spotify on my phone and on my laptop. Everything syncs correc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why? When listening to any song, after it play continues with some unrelated song?

I stream kids music often for my kids... then other times play my own music. So when I am listening to music myself, I often click on a song to play it... and after it ends, I would expect it to (in order of preference): 1) continue play the same alb...

• Casual Listener
  • I stream kids music often for my kids... then other times play my own music.    So when I am listening to music myself, I often click on a song to play it... and after it ends, I would ex...
  • weelier
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes