Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify unpauses automatically

I have a premium plan in the US, using it on my Windows computer desktop. My Spotify unpauses music on its own. I am playing a song, press pause, and within 20 seconds, spotify presses play on its own and continues the music. I have uninstalled and r...

• I have a premium plan in the US, using it on my Windows computer desktop.    My Spotify unpauses music on its own. I am playing a song, press pause, and within 20 seconds, spotify presses...
  • AlexMorgan24
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Large download library cache and delay starting Spotify app in Windows

Hi, PC/Windows 10 user here. Every time I start Spotify after rebooting my PC, a black window appears and then there's no response whatsoever for 5+ minutes. It's REALLY frustrating, and I dread having to start Spotify because of the time it takes to...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   PC/Windows 10 user here.   Every time I start Spotify after rebooting my PC, a black window appears and then there's no response whatsoever for 5+ minutes. It's REALLY frustr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Artist page won't load

No artist page loads on my Sptify, I first tried to delete the cache, but that didn't help, and then I reinstalled Spotify, but that didn't help either. I am on windows 7.

• Gig Goer
  • No artist page loads on my Sptify, I first tried to delete the cache, but that didn't help, and then I reinstalled Spotify, but that didn't help either. I am on windows 7.  
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 13 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps buffering

so ive had this issue for a week. Spotify is very slow in search and even when loading music, it takes a very long time. I have this same issue on my laptop, desktop and 2 smartphones. id like the point out that it is like this on both WiFi and 4G LT...

• Regular
  • so ive had this issue for a week. Spotify is very slow in search and even when loading music, it takes a very long time. I have this same issue on my laptop, desktop and 2 smartphones.   id ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Some saved albums don't show up (they are not removed from Spotify, separate issue) VIDEO PROOF

I have searched for this problem and I cannot find this specific issue anywhere.PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLenovo ThinkPad ExtremeOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a lot of saved albums on Spotify. Recently, on my laptop, I have d...

• Casual Listener
  • I have searched for this problem and I cannot find this specific issue anywhere. Plan Premium Country USA Device Lenovo ThinkPad Extreme Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Is...
  • faroonidooney
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

a warning: We can't play this until you allow this artist in the Spotify phone app

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid, Windows 10 My Question or IssueI can't play an artists "Gregory Porter" using Spotify app on Windows 10, the following warning appears: We can't play this until you allow this artist in the Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android, Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't play an artists "Gregory Porter" using Spotify app on Windows 10, the following w...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify APP on the PC

PlanoPremiumPaís: BrasilSistema operacionalWindows 10 Minha pergunta ou problema How to log into the Spotify APP on the PC with the mobile number?

colwaggg_0-1598473427675.png
  • Visitor
  •   Plano Premium País: Brasil Sistema operacional Windows 10   Minha pergunta ou problema  How to log into the Spotify APP on the PC with the mobile number?   ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 App Errorcode: Accesspoint:34

PlanPremiumCountryUKOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, Newbie here, I see there has been an ongoing issue with people trying to login to the windows app, and having the "A Firewall may be blocking your Spotify" "Accesspoint:34" issue ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, Newbie here, I see there has been an ongoing issue with people trying to login to the windows app, and havi...
  • Toucan15
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play the current song.

PlanPremiumCountryARGENTINADevicePCOperating SystemWINDOWS 10 My Question or IssueA few days back i started to have this annoying problem with the desktop app, every 30second the song stop and showed me the alert "Can't play the current song". I alre...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country ARGENTINA Device PC Operating System WINDOWS 10   My Question or Issue A few days back i started to have this annoying problem with the desktop app, every 30second...
  • alanmiranda22
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify is skipping through Songs when Soundcard is used as standard playback device

Hello fellow Community Members and Spotify Support, PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceIntel Core i7 6700k @4,6 GHzNvidia GTX 980 TiCreative Labs Soundblaster AE-5Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 32 Ohm Operating SystemWindows 10 1809 (build 17763.615) My Questi...

• Visitor
  • Hello fellow Community Members and Spotify Support,   Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Intel Core i7 6700k @4,6 GHz Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Creative Labs Soundblaster AE-5 Beyerdy...
  • aLmostHD
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't Delete Playlist/Folder

DevicePCOperating SystemW10My Question or IssueI felt the need to clean up my playlist, and wanted to delete a folder, went to the folder click on delete and it seems that the folder won't delete and I can't move playlist from one folder to another a...

• Music Fan
  •   Device PC Operating System W10 My Question or Issue I felt the need to clean up my playlist, and wanted to delete a folder, went to the folder click on delete and it seems that the folde...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows 10 Application
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Desktop application Windows doesn't play music

Hi, I have some troubles with my desktop application, I uninstall the application because any song were not able to play.After the installation I realize it was to possible to play music, but only five seconds and after it stop. It's very embarrassin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have some troubles with my desktop application, I uninstall the application because any song were not able to play. After the installation I realize it was to possible to play music, but only ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution ShortKeys GameBar

Bonjour, j'espère que vous pourrez m'aider. Comment personnaliser les raccourcis clavier Spotify dans la barre de jeu. Parce que je voudrais modifier "aller à la chanson suivante".

• Visitor
  • Bonjour, j'espère que vous pourrez m'aider. Comment personnaliser les raccourcis clavier Spotify dans la barre de jeu. Parce que je voudrais modifier "aller à la chanson suivante".   &...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution problème logiciel pc

Bonjour, je suis passé premium il y a deux mois de cela et depuis, impossible de lire ne serais-ce qu'un titre sur l'application sur mon pc. j'ai desinstallé et réinstallé le logiciel mais rien n'y fait.Meme mes playlist hors connexion ne fonctionnen...

• Music Fan
  • Bonjour, je suis passé premium il y a deux mois de cela et depuis, impossible de lire ne serais-ce qu'un titre sur l'application sur mon pc. j'ai desinstallé et réinstallé le logiciel mais rien n'y f...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Delay in music search

I've been having trouble searching for music on spotify desktop for some time, looking for a song in my favorite music library and it takes more than 30 seconds to 1 minute to get the results. Before this research appeared immediately, but now it tak...

• I've been having trouble searching for music on spotify desktop for some time, looking for a song in my favorite music library and it takes more than 30 seconds to 1 minute to get the results. Before...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

app does not work: play button and forward and back are grey

Hi,After starting the app I am not able to play music. Buttons below are greyed out. Any idea how to solve this?

Roy1982_0-1598346682591.png
  • Visitor
  • Hi, After starting the app I am not able to play music. Buttons below are greyed out.   Any idea how to solve this?    
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify suddenly closed

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceNotebookOperating SystemWindows 10 ver. 2004 build 19041.450 x64 My Question or IssueHi.. need help.. My spotify desktop app suddenly close when I type a letter in search box. I've try all solutions from this forum (u...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Notebook Operating System Windows 10 ver. 2004 build 19041.450 x64   My Question or Issue Hi..   need help.. My spotify desktop app suddenl...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Annoying black screen issue with Spotify desktop app

Lately it's been taking an excessively long time for the desktop app to load on my laptop and it stays on a black screen, during which I can't access stuff like my playlist or queue or change the volume. It usually stays on a black screen for 5 to 10...

• Visitor
  • Lately it's been taking an excessively long time for the desktop app to load on my laptop and it stays on a black screen, during which I can't access stuff like my playlist or queue or change the vol...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked song playlist plays "upwards" when sorted by add date descending

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows Desktop version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI want to play songs in my "liked song" playlist by the order in which they were added (oldest to most recently added). When the pla...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows Desktop version 1.1.34.694.gac68a2b3 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I want to play songs in my "liked song" playlist by the ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • backward
    Liked Songs Playlist
    Reverse Order
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Username

Hi anybody knows why my username on PC shows totaly different than mobile? on Pc its like 25+random letters and numbers

• Visitor
  •   Hi anybody knows why my username on PC shows totaly different than mobile? on Pc its like 25+random letters and numbers
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes