Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution CPU usage

Hi, Experiencing high usage of the CPU (much more than ordinary). Normal values ranging between 1-4%. My plan is premium, platform windows-10. This occured sometime late last week.

AndreasH1_1-1594034991755.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,  Experiencing high usage of the CPU (much more than ordinary). Normal values ranging between 1-4%.  My plan is premium, platform windows-10.  This occured sometime late last wee...
  • CompleteyourP
  • Regular
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 1 likes

Don't work play music on PC windows 10

PlanPremium CountryRussia | Moscow Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I try to run any playlist or track, nothing works. Can be clearly seen in the video.Android and web versions seem to work fine(yes, I restarted the device and rein...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country Russia | Moscow   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I try to run any playlist or track, nothing works. Can be clearly seen in the...
  • Mirrorka
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify leaks memory and crashes whilst processing Local Files

I am attempting to transfer my Local Files library from a MacBook Air to a Lenovo Legion Y540 running Windows 10. However, regardless of the path specified, be it the default "Music Library" or the "Local Files" folder I created, the application hang...

• Music Fan
  • I am attempting to transfer my Local Files library from a MacBook Air to a Lenovo Legion Y540 running Windows 10. However, regardless of the path specified, be it the default "Music Library" or the "...
  • Rick666
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[DesktopW10] Spotify crashing when playing a playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWin 10 Pro My Question or IssueWhat happens:Spotify closes down when opening playlists or playing songs. This occurs through all means of starting a playlist (e.g through discover via pl...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Desktop PC Operating System Win 10 Pro   My Question or Issue What happens: Spotify closes down when opening playlists or playing songs. Thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When using Web Player of Spotify, some songs in an album do not play any audio as such.

PlanFreeCountryUKDeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueWhen using Web Player of Spotify, some songs in an album do not play any audio as such, but the same songs play in my mobile device, please help me out here.It's also observe...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country UK Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue When using Web Player of Spotify, some songs in an album do not play any audio as such, but the sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Loggin in

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceMSI laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey guys. I can't log in into my Spotify app on laptop. On the phone it works just fine, the mail and password are correct. I tried to reinstall it - the issue is ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device MSI laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey guys. I can't log in into my Spotify app on laptop. On the phone it works just fine...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify does not play Music on PC (win 10)

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePC , win 10Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue If i want to play a song , it just keeps Skipping trough all Songs of the Artist - without playing it . Just keeps skipping till th...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC , win 10 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   If i want to play a song , it just ...
  • Xenia
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Ctrl-F Filter does not jump the scroll bar to the top

PremiumUnited StatesWindows 10 If you're scrolled down in a playlist and you press control-F to bring up the filter panel, when you start typing into the filter the playlist maintains your scroll position rather than jumping to the top. This generall...

• Regular
  • Premium United States Windows 10   If you're scrolled down in a playlist and you press control-F to bring up the filter panel, when you start typing into the filter the playlist maintains yo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking the album cover to jump to a song is broken on various conditions

PremiumUnited StatesWindows 10 I've always noticed that clicking the album cover to jump to the currently working song generally doesn't work. In some updates years ago it did work, but then it broke again in future updates. I did a little bit of tes...

• Regular
  • Premium United States Windows 10   I've always noticed that clicking the album cover to jump to the currently working song generally doesn't work. In some updates years ago it did work, but ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bass playing too loud

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi, on my computer that I built and got running lately it has been playing the bass really loud to the point where it's overpowering the treble and I can bar...

• Plan Premium Country United States   Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi, on my computer that I built and got running lately it has been playing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • audio
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps looping without playing

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePC, Laptop, using some tracer pc speakers through audio interface Behringer 404UMC HDOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I'm playing music on spotify app or web player, app keeps looping through tracks, b...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC, Laptop, using some tracer pc speakers through audio interface Behringer 404UMC HD Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I'm pla...
  • MartinTomes
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect and current playing song list don't work...

PlanPremiumCountryFRANCE Deviceagust wr320 Audio WiFi Multiroom BluetoothOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWith Spotify connect, when I add titles to the list of pending songs, these files play well but do not appear in the current playi...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country FRANCE   Device agust wr320 Audio WiFi Multiroom Bluetooth Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue With Spotify connect, when I add t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

UNSORT Your Daily Drive

DeviceSamsung tablet with touchscreenOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen you start using Your Daily Drive, it comes with a particular sort that starts with the date greeting and then mixes songs and podcasts. I picked up the tablet an...

• Visitor
  •   Device Samsung tablet with touchscreen Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When you start using Your Daily Drive, it comes with a particular sort that starts with th...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files crash when starting.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDesktopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueAs soon as I click on Music library, Spotify starts loading songs at about 1k, Spotify crashes. When restarted local files is turned off.

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Desktop Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue As soon as I click on Music library, Spotify starts loading songs at about 1k, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify won't show any music include my save music

PlanFree DevicepcOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or Issuehi, I have spotify pc for a while. last month I became a premium user because I traveled abroad and needed music offline. now I came back ands I cancelled my premium. I went to the PC sp...

Untitled.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free   Device pc Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue hi, I have spotify pc for a while. last month I became a premium user because I traveled abroad and...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify cannot play certain songs on the desktop client.

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindowns 10 My Question or Issue Spotify cannot play certain songs on the desktop client. For example the UNDERTALE Soundtrack, "Ghost fight" can play without issue but "Spider dance" cannot (image...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK   Device Desktop PC Operating System Windowns 10   My Question or Issue  Spotify cannot play certain songs on the desktop client. For example...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • bug
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Hoykeys

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been using Spotify for a couple months now. Tonight while playing a game songs suddenly started randomly stopping and starting. Or the queue started skipping. Turns o...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been using Spotify for a couple months now. Tonight while playing a game songs sudden...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Still no animations Windows PC?

PlanPremiumCountryUnunited States of Dramamerica.DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro v.2004 My Question or IssueYa know, when you minimize or restore any other folder, windows app, program or window, it animates as it shrinks down towards the user...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Ununited States of Dramamerica. Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro v.2004   My Question or Issue Ya know, when you minimize or restore any other fol...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Animations
    minimize
    PC
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Windows 7] App crashes every time when clicking any 'play' button for the 2nd time after launching.

Operating SystemWindows 7 App Version 1.1.39.612.g1e7e78a4 My Question or IssueAfter recent update app started crashing when clicking on any play button for the second time after launching the app. It doesn't happen when you click play button for the...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System Windows 7   App Version 1.1.39.612.g1e7e78a4   My Question or Issue After recent update app started crashing when clicking on any play button for the second time af...
  • Manuja
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    Windows 7
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Não consigo ver a letra da música no Computador

Não consigo ver a letra da música no Computador. Eu vi eles falando para clicar no ícone do microfone mas no meu computador não tem esse ícone.

• Visitor
  • Não consigo ver a letra da música no Computador. Eu vi eles falando para clicar no ícone do microfone mas no meu computador não tem esse ícone.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes