Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Follow button not working

Follow button not working

Whenever I try to follow a playlist the button changes from follow to unfollow but it goes back to follow after I click it. I attached a short gif showing my problem. How can I fix this?

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
10 Replies

Hey @sammythebeast18! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right.
Have you tried restarting your app?.
Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

I restarted the app before and after making the video and it didnt work. I can follow playlists on the web app but not on the desktop version

@sammythebeast18

Have you tried reinstalling your app? If not here's a step by step tutorial.^^

Peace

I've been trying to reinstall spotify for the last hour but every time I try I get a window saying "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Spotify." I've tried to edit the registry to fix it but Spotify isn't listed, I tried to change the permissions of the Spotify folder but I get the error "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." Is there another way to fix this?

Capture.PNG
Capture_2.PNG

@sammythebeast18

Hmm, have you tried to run the installer as an Administrator ?

Peace

The installer doesn't let you run it as an admin. I also tried running it normally but that doesn't help me uninstall the Spotify I already have.

Capture_3.PNG

@sammythebeast18

Please let us know the following details:

1. Exact Device  (e.g. MacBook Air)

2. Exact operating system  (e.g. 10.10 OSX)

Thanks! ^^

Peace

@sammythebeast18

Be sure to check this thread for more information.

Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^
Peace

That fix did not work but I found another one that did.

For some reason my computer wont let me use Spotify when launched from the appdata folder. A year ago I fixed this by copying the Spotify folder to my 2nd hard drive and have been using it from there ever since. Since I did that the client must have been updated but since I moved the folder any update I downloaded installed in the appdata folder and not in the folder I was launching Spotify from. I then moved the Spotify folder from the appdata folder to my second hard drive and it updated and worked!

Suggested posts